Gildergreen disappears on traveling

TeachingFellow

I've played Skyrim for hundreds of hours across many characters, but just a few days ago I encountered an odd bug. If I load up a game while in Whiterun, the Gildergreen is there. If I enter a building within Whiterun (such as the Temple of Kynareth) and return, the Gildergreen is there. I'm not sure exactly how many buildings in Whiterun I can enter and still see the tree, though.

However, if I leave Whiterun and return, or go to Whiterun from somewhere else, regardless of whether I'm on foot or fast travelling, the Gildergreen is missing. Not invisible, gone; I can walk right through where it should be, and opening the console and clicking doesn't seem to detect anything. This affects, as best I can tell, all of my characters, regardless of how they restored the tree.

So, the first thing you're probably going to ask: did you install any mods recently? Answer: yes, and that's the first thing I checked. I installed Hearthfire (official DLC), the unofficial Hearthfire patch, two mods which affect NPC scripts, Run for your Lives and When Vampires Attack, and Thieves Guild Requirements--No Auto Quest Start. I disabled each of these and got the same results. Now, I suppose I could uninstall them and see, but I'm unsure of how to uninstall safely; it's not as simple as clicking "delete," is it? And if it's Hearthfire, the game would just redownload it anyway, so disabling is the only option. I don't believe any of the other mods I've installed have updated recently, but none of them have ever had problems before (and I've played the game with them for many, many hours) and it seems strange that they would now.

I suppose load order might be an issue, but I can never remember how load order works.

I also verified the Steam cache, and it's fine. I could do a clean install of Skyrim, but that's time consuming and not something I want to do if I can avoid it.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? I'd happily accept console commands or even a workaround involving the Creation Kit, though I'd need a little tutorial; the only modding I've ever done were some basic stuff involving perk values.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

How load order works:

Install BOSS (the GUI download that comes with the installer is the easiest.).

It is a regular program, not a mod, so you download it like any regular program, then open it like a regular program.

Runn BOSS, open the log to check for any messages. Fix anything that BOSS says needs fixing, and manually place anything BOSS does not recognize.

Open up NMM and your BOSSified load order will show under the plug-ins tab.

There is a lot of information about load order and BOSS in the Nexus Wiki, and also the pinned threads in the SKyrim Mod and the Skyrim discussion forums.

If you do all that and your problem continues, you can post your BOSS log in a post (copy past the .txt log from BOSS; enclose in spoiler tags if it is long).

I followed all the above suggestions and I'm still encountering the same problem. Here is my BOSS log (I'm unsure how to add spoiler tags, sorry).

NOTE: Of the four unrecognized plugins, 3 were made by me. The one that wasn't, belethorgemvendor, just adds a bunch of gems to Belethor's inventory. I've used all four for dozens of hours without issues.

BOSS
Version 2.1.1

======================================
Summary

Plugin Type Count
Recognised (or sorted by user rules) 28
Unrecognised 4
Inactive 5
All 32

Plugin Message Type Count
Warning 0
Error 1
All 7

* No internet connection detected. Masterlist auto-updater could not check for updates.
* No change in recognised plugin list since last run.
* Note: Latest BOSS thread ("http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1441520-relz-boss-for-skyrim/")
* Note: The BOSS team has been overwhelmed with the popularity of submissions of unrecognised plugins from the BOSS Log and the number of outstanding unique submissions. As of 05 February 2013 we are at over 4000+ plugins to add to the Masterlist. Some dating as far back as 30 August 2012. If you are interested in helping to get these plugins added to BOSS's masterlist, please PM Aellis at Bethesda Softworks ("http://forums.bethsoft.com/user/364024-aellis/") or Nexus ("http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showuser=65745/").
* Note: It appears you do not have the latest version of SKSE. If you wish to update it can be found here ("http://skse.silverlock.org/").

Recognised Plugins

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active

Dawnguard.esm Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}

HearthFires.esm Active

Dragonborn.esm Active

SPIKE.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp Active

HighResTexturePack02.esp Active

HighResTexturePack03.esp Active

breezehomelightfix.esp Active

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active

unofficial dawnguard patch.esp Active

unofficial hearthfire patch.esp Active

unofficial dragonborn patch.esp Active
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}

unofficial high resolution patch.esp Active

Birdsofskyrim.esp Active

equipablemap.esp Active

shrewsburyskyrimcookbook.esp

skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp Active

Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp Active

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
* Error: SPIKE.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without it.

Run For Your Lives.esp Active

When Vampires Attack.esp Active

unusualgemweightless.esp Active

guardskillcomments.esp Active

Immersive Weapons.esp
* Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}

Thieves Guild Requirements.esp Active

train 10 times per level.esp

Unrecognised Plugins

The following plugins were not found in the masterlist, and must be positioned manually, using your favourite mod manager or by using BOSS's user rules functionality. You can submit unrecognised plugins for addition to the masterlist directly from this log by clicking on a plugin and supplying a link and/or description of its contents in the panel that is displayed.

gemstonevendorbelethor.esp Active

Magicmod.esp Active

SpeechMod.esp Active

Sword & Axe Perks.esp Active

I'm having the exact same problem. I first thought it had something to do with the Unofficial Skyrim Mod somehow conflicting with the HighResTexturePack, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. If anyone can offer a solution I, too, would appreciate it.

Addendum: Just glanced at the Blessings of Nature quest article on the Elder Scrolls Wiki. At the bottom of the page, it mentions a possible fix. Here's the link:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Blessings_of_Nature

The solution is this:

If the young Gildergreen is not present, open the console, type "prid 46284" (without quotes), hit enter, then type "enable".

If that doesn't solve it, then it's being caused by something else.

Second Addendum: Alas, it did not work for me. I'm going to try checking my cache, and if that doesn't resolve it, moving my Unofficial fixes to in front of my HighResTexturePacks, as something could be getting overwritten.

Edited by Jaradin

I also have this problem. I had a suspicion that the latest update to the Unofficial Skyrim Patch might have caused it and so have read various posts about it. Somewhere I am sure I read a post by Arthmoor (USKP author) saying there was a problem and it would be addressed soon, however I cannot remember where I read this so cannot provide a link, sorry!

I am going to wait and see! (ie, tracking USKP)

I also have this problem. I had a suspicion that the latest update to the Unofficial Skyrim Patch might have caused it and so have read various posts about it. Somewhere I am sure I read a post by Arthmoor (USKP author) saying there was a problem and it would be addressed soon, however I cannot remember where I read this so cannot provide a link, sorry!

When I disable the unoffocial skyrim patch it seems to resolve itself. Worth a try

When I disable the unoffocial skyrim patch it seems to resolve itself. Worth a try

Thanks. That would seem to confirm where the problem lies, but I thought uninstalling and re-installing USKP could create other issues, so I will tolerate the bug until there is an update.