Reinstall. Now won't run.

BooneoftheWasteland

Well almost 15 years in with Nexus mods this may well be the end run with me and Bethesda games. Issues with all of them now. SSE FONV( I know not Beth) FO4.

With FO4 I've done a reinstall, deleted all associated folders in /doc in /main and all the mods. Had some mod issues so decided to start fresh.

I launched the game and out of the gates it won't recognize my card. Launch it anyways on low settings and hangs prior to the PC creation screen or likely war never changes intro. Have to Alt Tab out.

Specs:

RAM 16GB
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 3.59 GHZ
Windows 10
Radeon RX 590

I've already played hours with this system....(!?!)

I've tried it offline from steam.

Drivers are updated.

Ran as Admin.

Tried compatibility modes W7 W8.

Verified files with Steam.

Not sure what else to do at the moment since no mods are running and never had this issue ever with any system I've owned. I always could play vanilla.

Any help I'll try, as I mentioned I'm sadly at my end with Beth games now which likely = Nexus mods :( .

No more time with putting in hours just to resolve issues.

Thanks!

Hi,

previous uninstall I removed from AppData, and have hidden folders selected to view. Nothing in there now as I double checked anyways.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled many times over the years and have never been as thorough as this one.

I'm still using NMM v 6.1 I've never transitioned over to vortex or MO as there was a lot of complaints about them in the early days so always just stuck with NMM, however I haven't launched it in NMM with this install, I have been launching the games .exe just to get the initial game running. All previous mods that NMM stores have been deleted too.

Thanks for some input

Need to run the launcher once for the game to detect hardware, and create the inis and such. (though, I *think* it should do that anyway, if the game exe doesn't find the files it's looking for.....)

Might try uninstalling the game using Revo Uninstaller portable. It will also make sure registry settings, and leftover files get nuked.