Still hitting 3gb limit

xaote

So... am I missing something here? I've suddenly started crashing at the 3gb mark. Been googling like mad - but all I find is old information regarding 32-bit Oldrim. I mean, from what I understand, 64-bit SSE isn't supposed to be running into this issue anymore, right?

Before I rage-uninstall I figure I'd just see if anyone else has the same issue - or if I'm just being utterly stupid and missing something really obvious.

I'm running 1.5.97.0 with SKSE 2.00.19, SSE Engine Fixes 5.4.1 and Bug Fixes SSE v2 (also ENB series .448 and ENB Helper 1.5 fwiw, but that shouldn't have any bearing on memory anymore, right?).

Surely a mod shouldn't be able to break the engine's memory allocation or w/e?

I *think* SKSE has some memory fixes built in, but, they may have to be enabled? Something to look into.... ENB also does some stuff with memory, and there is an ini setting you need to change to enable it. Don't think running both fixes would be a good idea though..... :D

From the info provided it looks like you're doing everything right. I'm running the same essentials and actively see the game use 20GB+. If I may ask, what leads you to believe you are hitting a 3GB memory ceiling? What are the symptoms? "I've suddenly started crashing at the 3gb mark," when doing what exactly? It may be something else causing the crash, and just coincidence that it is happening at 3GB.

Do you have a stand-alone video card installed? I could see this happening if the system is set up to share a portion of the system memory for VRAM. I don't know how you are checking your memory usage but, I've used this tool in the past to see exactly what resources are being used where.

The only other thing I can think of is if you have some, weird memory patch installed that is setting a hard limit on memory usage.

Actually Legendary has a 4gb limit. Not sure about SSE.

For your problem I would suggest taking a look at your ENB settings. You might want to post your enblocal.ini settings.

As I do not use any enb in SSE I could not advise you on this but someone who is familiar with playing enb's in SSE might give you some advise.

So I think it might not actually be the memory limit - might have just been a coincidence as suggested above. What threw me was the fact that I didn't CTD but that it just froze (with the audio still going in the background). After that I ran resource manager on a second screen and noticed that I froze every time I hit 3 gb in memory allocation.

However. Turns out, after a couple trys, that I also froze at 2.8 and 3.4 occasionally. All of the freezes/crashes occured while simply walking around outside Whiterun, and I haven't really been able to replicate it in any meaningful way. The crashes generally occur after like 5 minutes of playtime. I have been able to go longer, while being indoors (dungeons, buildings...).

I think I'll just chalk it up to me breaking Skyrim with too many mods (as usual) and leave it at that. Cyberpunk is releasing soon as well, so I doubt I'll have much time over for other games after next week :D

Thanks for all the feedback though :)