NMM version 0.44 released, new file servers and site updates

Dark0ne

dont know what happened , I now have about 6 dozen red x's and 4 or 5 copies of the same mod listed and if i try to click on them the mod manger stops working, IDK whats up with this , was working fine last version for me would love to put last version back just to move on for now , can not uninstall anything anymore , why ?

some mods are still checked green but any with a red x are like broke ?

Dont get me wrong NMM is /was a great tool , its gone a little wonky atm

Edited by adamocelot

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it when authors put readme files and/or excessive text files/images in their archives... puts extra stuff in my folders, and I end up repackaging it to not include those files. :x There's always the mod description and the readme tab, not to mention that people can search the comments for information, etc. etc. Just my two cents; thanks for the update! :)

Okay, waiting for NMM to scan my mod archives for Readme's was not fun (I probably shouldnt' say "was" - 15 minutes and still going). Is this an optional feature? Did I miss that? I don't personally use NMM for data gathering - that's what mod pages are for. It would be nice to be able to turn this feature off or at least be able to scan for readme's when you have time or only when the mod is installed. Edited by ChronoTrigger77

If authors could be encouraged to name their readmes something other than readme.txt, It would be much appreciated by mod users. Something like 'Name of Mod'-readme.txt is enough. I keep seeing overwrite comments for files touching two completely separate things, then seeing that it's asking to overwrite readme.txt for the eighth time.

In response to post #7506473.

Sorry, replying to myself to add that I agree with the person after me - I don't really care for all this extra data stuff, endorsements, categories (I like A to Z) etc., and my scan also took quite some time... I do all that on the site, so perhaps it could be optional?

Thanks for the update, mostly for the bug fixes (though I haven't encountered any so far). But the way the normal view looks now it's kinda not so nice anymore, pretty much the icons in front of the mod's name are sorta annoying and distracting, not to mention that with over 3.2k mods in NMM it gets kinda laggy cause of those icons; probably the only reason I didn't like about the category view and stuck with the normal one instead.

But, all in all, keep up the good work.

Edited by eSoDian

Seems this new NMM version has an update status issue. When deleting a mod it does remove the mod from the stored location but does not remove it from the mod list until the NMM is restarted. Also, when downloading a mod, once the download has completed, it does download the mod but doesn't add it to the mod list in NMM until NMM has been restarted.

Basically anytime you add or remove a mod using the NMM you have to restart NMM for it to make the change in the lists.

Edited by Nightasy