NMM version 0.44 released, new file servers and site updates

Dark0ne

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7506473. #7506591, #7506846 are all replies on the same post.

it's also bad form for a mod manager to dump unrelated files (e.g. readmes) into my data folder. also, see that blue number next to the name of the mod in nmm? that's the link to its nexus page. if you have a good connection, it is much faster to go to nexus than navigate a bunch of directories to get the same information.

Just another one mentioning some things I suppose. :P

Delete a mod in non-category view and it does not get removed from the list until either application restart or switching to category view.

Delete a mod in category view and it does get removed as it should.

When you download a mod from Nexus and it is in non-category view, a category folder appears at the top of the list instead of the mod appearing where ever it should in the current sorting order. Switching to category view and back to non-cateory view corrects it and shows the mod where it should be. Affects both updates to existing downloaded mods as well as new mods.

Sorting on the non-category view seems to work. Tho the update came when I was revamping my mods and thus nothing is installed for me to check the install date sorting.

EDIT:

Would be nice to see some logic to the endorse button. Currently if I try to endorse one of my own mods it tells me that it is unable to do so because I may have gotten it from some place other than the Nexus or I've not waited the three hour time limit. Surely NMM can check if the user is also the mod author and state that they cannot endorse their own mods.

Edited by IsharaMeradin

Greetings,

I'm new to modding, and to nexus, but I have had some early successes with (apparently) bug-free and crash-free installations. Granted, I hove not gone too far beyond the SKSE, SkyUI, BOSS, and FXAA tool installations (a few lighting, crafting, and perk mods - nothing major), but I have not seen any problems yet with the NMM 0.44 installation. However, I will certainly take all your frustrations to heart and limit myself to watching the forums and feeds for updates on this situation as it develops - for the time being, at least. I don't want my early success to turn to tragedy!

Thanks to everybody for all the informative posts and videos - couldn't have done it without you! Gophers vids are great, and most of the mods have instructions which are very useful. I had some problems early on with the 'download with manager' function not working, and without the instructions I would have been floundering!

Good luck too all...

When it tries to check for mods, it is doubling up a bunch of mods in the cache. it then tries to load all of those doubled mods and refuses to start when the second version of each mod is missing from the actual mods folder.

edit: and going back to the old version, its still complaining about mods being removed but not uninstalled... Oh boy.

edit 2: managed to get it fixed and working on the old verison with only losing a couple mods that I had to re-install.

Would NOT recommend updating.

Edited by Miral

Yep, gotta switch views every time you add or remove a mod. Hope that gets fixed soon! Thanks for all the hard work.

(I don't use the category view because it's much easier to find mods by name than remembering a category that didn't make sense in the first place).

Edited by ChronoTrigger77

This is awful, doesn't register that I've deleted or added mods...

Bagillions of other problems, perhaps the worst of all is that duplicates of mods appear, this is a very bad update. Don't get it until they fix it.

Not playing Skyrim (at least with Nexus Mod Manager) until they fix it.

Edited by WingdingsNiglet