NMM version 0.44 released, new file servers and site updates

Dark0ne

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some nice new features, for sure. But unfortunately I too am experiencing a freezing problem when deleting mods.

Have to force close/end task via windows task manager to complete delete.

The mods properly delete, but NMM remains unresponsive until its restarted. Certainly an urgent issue.

How to see a quick fix for this.

Since updating to version 0.44.1, my NMM freezes every few minutes. When this happens, the program no longer reacts to any inputs, there are no error messages, it does not crash, it doesn't even resume proper focus when switching to it from another window. The only way to deal with this issue that I have found is to terminate the NMM process with the task manager and restart.

I did perform a clean install (unistalling completely, deleting all config files) before updating. PLEASE fix this, it makes the program absolutely useless to me.

Edit: It almost always freezes when trying to delete mods. As ever, it doesn't react to any of my inputs, but when I click on it's icon in the task bar where all open windows are displayed (how does Windows call that?), I get an error sound. Nothing else, though. Also, I noticed the task manager lists two active NexusClient processes, which suggests to me that there is some error message or dialogue that I just can't see. The mod in question no longer shows up when I restart NMM, by the way, so I hope it actually freezes AFTER deleting it.

Edited by Saerileth

Just tested, switching the mod manager view when deleting mods does in fact prevent the freezes. Doesn't help with the ones that happen randomly, though.

On a side note, since the clean install, my NMM lists all mods as uninstalled (red x). Does anyone know how to sort the ones that actually ARE installed from the ones that aren't, without manually uninstalling/reinstalling each and every one?