NMM version 0.44 released, new file servers and site updates

Dark0ne

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7507091. #7507150, #7507184, #7507191, #7507481, #7507740 are all replies on the same post.

Always get a laugh from people who complain about freeware.

Especially when it's freeware in beta.

Its been a "beta" for quite some time now. Also, pointing out problems isn't quite complaining. Also, people have a right to complain. If something is being released to the public, free or not, people expect it to function well. Not saying NMM doesnt, as I am not even sure I would use half the mods I do if it wasnt made. But I'm not gonna bury my head in the sand when it comes to bad updates such as this. I get a laugh from people who get a laugh from people who complain about freeware.

Why did I have to update without reading the comments first :( Will do that with future NMM updates from now on. My mods just got messed up due to this update.

lol Same here. For anyone who reads these comments, DON'T UPDATE. You'll regret it. Wait for a new update that cleans everything up.

In response to post #7507431.

Please... pretty please... how did you revert back to .43? I have been searching the web for the last hour with hopes to reinstall that version again, but all links bring up .44.

I love Nexus and am a lifetime member, but I have to say this update has been an extreme disappointment. After experimenting with it, I have made a big mess. Can you help me with a .43 install?

PM me, and if you do, thank you so very much!

My antivirus (Avast) didnt like the update process - had to switch the antivirus off to update and install the NMM... Told my antivirus to have some milk and cookies, and then switched it back on after. And scanned to be sure - no probs. Just a brainfart (as expected) from my Antivirus complaining that NMM is sexier and who's got the bigger .txt file apparently ;) Lol

Just be patient when you update, as the readme "readme" readme's take awhile. Just read(me) something for 5 minutes.

Otherwise no problemo :D

Edited by frenzyslave

I have not experienced any CTD after installation of newest version. Did have my Avast toss a window up about allowing the update process, but it said that it found nothing harmful within the file/program.

The only problem I am having is that I have to switch view modes to find new mods I have downloaded/tried to activate.

Am also d/l speed issues with the Kent server (9.7kbs average), and general slow speeds on site in general. Have tested other sites, and this only applies here I'm afraid.

Edited by Userberus