NMM version 0.44 released, new file servers and site updates

Dark0ne

In response to post #7508175.

This is still too funny.There is nothing wrong with reporting bugs. Its when people b&@*$ like little ponies thinking they deserve gold plated cookies yet feel they've just got their ass handed to them (because they just HAD to update, they just HAD to - by the imaginary evil force behind the Nexus) when I start to laugh.If there is one thing I've learned since using the Nexus Mod Manager - its to wait it out a bit.Let's not forget - Its all a voluntary act on the users part. No one forced these complainers to use the software. They made a choice.End discussion. Edited by brokefoot

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problems with readmes is that they are put mostly in same folder as esp and esm files. I honestly dislike that. It would be nice if we would come to some sort of arrangement for a folder that would contain readmes of all mods, Docs folder or Reamde folder inside Data folder. I install mods mostly manually so I don't have this problem most of the time, but it would be way easier the way i described for me to, since I publish mods from time to time myself.

New NMM completely screwed up my skyrim drive. Have to format it and reinstall 400plus mods now. What a mess.

Yes the new readme part is awesome but there's only a very few modders who actually use a decent file structure in mods. My own start with:

Base Zipname

xxx.esp/esm/bsa

Meshes

Scripts

Textures

Options

fomm

Docs

All my mods have the complete webpage associated HTML's in the docs folder because most modders dont bother quoting what's on the page in the mod.

As for the new NMM...i have to load and reload it just to install textures and I've got double and triple of the same mod listed and I KNOW they aren't there.

Let alone the crash of my Skyrim. Also after the new update my custom races test mods got fried. No slider controls.

Other than that...all i can say is many thx to the Dallas server and the Salt Lake 2 server. I'm on dialup way out here in the boonies and downloading gigs n gigs forever...i've never got a bad download from either and my speed is always maxed at full 56k. Sorta sux cause I'm only 50 miles from the San Jose server. California Sux.

Except for the incorporation of the new readme function I vote thumbs down for this update on NMM.

Edited by Thorne67

In response to post #7508997.

How many mods are you testing? Older highly DLed ones should be fine. I test and incorporate all of em. Old and expecially the new ones with current modelling software. I suppose a fresh NMM install might have been beneficial but...i'm on dialup. Deleting all my DLed mods would take me months.