Retexture animals when they are skinned for pelts

nightinglae850

I beleive this can be done only via a texture switch... it might require lots of work to properly create all vanilla animal...or one can simply create a plain Skinned texture and then script the animation of this mod (above) to switch the textures... basicly with a universal texture all part of the animal would look the same... (skin less)... it would work...

This (and the above-linked skinning animation/knife requirement) was requested of me back in February-ish (edit: sorry, March-ish) 2012, to go along with Realistic Wildlife Loot. Needless to say, I didn't do it; lacked the skills. Seems like there's a good chance it'll finally be done though, woot!

Edited by Xion209

• 1 year later...
Sorry for necroing a post that may be dead, but I have an idea. Why not make it to where the limps that get removed and meat and skin classified as "armors" to the animals. Same with the horns. Essentially what would need to be done is, skeleton created for the "naked" mesh of the animals. Remove the certain parts that would be the removed limbs and make that an armor piece, do the same with the skin which is the default vanilla nakedness and boom. You have skinned bodies. When you skin, a script converts the "armors" to misc materials and ingredients. I think it will work because of the armor addons for animals in the dawn guard dlc. If desired make it to where there is muscle too unless you make it to where that is added to the inventory in addition the the skinning of the outer dermis and fur.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if you guys noticed this but this mod offers the feature you guys are looking for:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18866/?

It's called Hunting in Skyrim and if you look at their website it goes into depth about the realistic skinning feature, explaining how the author wanted there to be skinning similar to Red Dead Redemption. Hope this helps!