Site design update, file backgrounds and hot file cropping

Dark0ne

Perhaps it hes been reported already, but the 'login' link at the bottom of some pages, under the 'Community' section doesn't seem to work. The link works, but login page does not log you in. Browser is just waiting for response endlessly. In the same time, login at top right corner works without a problem.

I'd say its a bug.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I am impressed. After reading the improvements made, and just surfing around a bit on the site, I was a happy camper, you have added some much needed functionality to the site, and I for one am very thankful for it. Things work more smoothly, and I can finally do searches by author too, which is nice. Like many I am sure, I didnt even know there was an advanced search or how to access it lol, so the improvements made to that area are most welcome :) . Overall the site looks much nicer, and more user friendly. I appreciate all the hard work you guys have put into making this site so great. Keep up the good work :D .

The changes made to the login and search features are not good. Why hide such vital functions behind extra mouse clicks and slow fade ins? I know you think highly of them, but please try to step back for a moment and think of things in terms of user experience.

Who wants to click on things and move around more than they have to to get to something they are going to be using a LOT of the time?

While I do commend you and the staff for making the site look a lot better, I really think you should make a few small revisions here and there to the way you've done things.

For instance, please consider this image I cobbled together out of old assets.

http://i.imgur.com/PDw56nQ.png

Look. The user has to click less, they can easily see where they need to login (not to mention are instantly aware the site has a log in function), the search bar is super accessible and can easily be extended (with the dropdown box, it'll be a lot easier to add criteria other than title and author, and you can even include a link to the advanced search from there too). And by moving the Nexus Network dropdown to right under the Nexus logo, you reinforce that Nexus Mods caters for more than one site, and they can each be easily switched between. (In this case, it would be better to have the "nexusnetwork" text say "Skyrim" instead.) I'm sure quite a few people would agree (in addition to the ones I've already asked) that it would be a great improvement on the current rather notable but ultimately flawed improvements to the site.

Sidenote: Why aren't the image gallery and file info on the file pages flush with the content below? It seems rather off-putting the way they are now.

Sidenote 2: Please disregard the missing ads. They didn't come through into the printscreen. I blame Flash.

Edited by roxahris

Good job, everything looks a lot better. There are two things I'd still like to see improved:

1. Fix the content slider on the front page so it doesn't change slides while I'm hovering over one of them. Set it to auto-scroll only when I'm not trying to read one of the slides.

2. Remember my custom ordering for search results. If I want to order things by date, downloads, endorsements, you should remember that for the next search. Or just let me set the default in my settings.

Thx!