Site design update, file backgrounds and hot file cropping

Dark0ne

In response to post #7531724. #7532470, #7532529, #7532736, #7532790, #7532819, #7532842, #7532906, #7532924 are all replies on the same post.

you still dont get it
unique downlaods means just that, unique downloads, got nothin to do with how its downloaded but by whom
if i download a mod and download 8 updates after that i'll have added 9 DL's to it but just 1 unique DL, understand?
also i prefer endorse over like
your search idea's a good un though

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #7531724. #7532470, #7532529, #7532736, #7532790, #7532819, #7532842, #7532906, #7532924, #7533017 are all replies on the same post.

Unique downloads more closely approximates the actual number of people playing the game with your mod. As apposed to those that download it for three different computers, or download every one of six optional files, as well as the main file. It is an important number, and I keep track of it. I also prefer Endorse to Like. It is more accurate to its function on this site, and doesn't garishly remind one of social networking sites.

I do agree that it would be nice to be able to track how many votes a mod of yours currently has though.

In response to post #7531724. #7532470, #7532529, #7532736, #7532790, #7532819, #7532842, #7532906, #7532924, #7533017, #7533974 are all replies on the same post.

Hmmm, how about NO?
I come here to get away from "that site that uses "LIKE"" for everything.
'Endorse' has a better and stronger meaning for a mod than "like" does.
"Like" is only superficial, "Endorse" means you recommend, and stand behind a mod as a 'good mod'.

Mod writers put "Please ENDORSE" if you LIKE this mod" because it wouldn't be grammatically correct to say "Please ENDORSE this mod if you ENDORSE this mod".
You're getting too caught up in the semantics of the sentence ;)

Dark0ne, thank you and your team for your continuing efforts to make this the best modding site in the galaxy.

Also, it's refreshing to see so many comments and recommendations about the Nexus site's layout. I'm sure this feedback will help you make this an even better site.

As for "endorse vs. like," I endorse the use of "endorse." The word "like" doesn't carry the same weight as the word "endorse." To endorse is to recommend, and that's what I mean to do everytime I push the endorse button.

Thanks, it looks better now.

I have a request - if possible, could you change Search so that words between quotation marks would search the exact word/phrase? It's extremely annoying when I want to search e.g. MALE armours and clothing, and have to go through thousands of female clothes to find ten that meet my criteria. :(

Oh, and I endorse "endorse". I may 'like' many mods, but I only endorse those that I think are 'essential', that I always have installed and that don't cause any compatibility problems or crashes.

Like the site updates, cleaner and clearer.

I notice, however, that my Norton Security Vault will no longer autologin to the Nexus on my WinXP laptop, but it does still work (once I manually drop down the new login box, of course) on my Win7 machine. One extra step on the Win7, and a manual login on the old XP machine. Was this intended?

Curious......