How to change colour skin to creaters

To be able to change the textures, you need to install DDS plugins to PS or Gimp and I use Gimp and used it for 25 years now I guess, since v0.95 an it is free under the GNU license as it first came to Linux or any *nix really. Which one do you use?

DDS plugin for Gimp

The original textures are packed in *.bsa files and they are inside the "Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa" so you must unpack those you want to edit as well and OBMM are able to do it.

I looked for guides as that is best to follow as we will not write one here for you, thats for sure.... :wink: And I found this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=816839147 and it doesnt matter if it is TES 3, 4 or 5 as you do exactly the same in all 3 when it comes to textures, except that I do not think Morrowind can handle dxt5... :wink:

CS Wiki has loads of guides for everything modding related and the texturing section is here

Use DXTtoBMP to see which dds version the texture has that you want to edit and the version number shows up in the top drag list, so you save it in the same version as otherwise the textures will not have the same colors or rather same color properties. Body textures in Oblivion are usually DXT5 but DXT1 in Morrowind and the normals has an alpha channel that soften the reflection and makes the skin look more natural, but use the same normal file and you will be fine. :D

Edited by Pellape

To be able to change the textures, you need to install DDS plugins to PS or Gimp and I use Gimp and used it for 25 years now I guess, since v0.95 an it is free under the GNU license as it first came to Linux or any *nix really. Which one do you use?

DDS plugin for Gimp

The original textures are packed in *.bsa files and they are inside the "Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa" so you must unpack those you want to edit as well and OBMM are able to do it.

I looked for guides as that is best to follow as we will not write one here for you, thats for sure.... :wink: And I found this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=816839147 and it doesnt matter if it is TES 3, 4 or 5 as you do exactly the same in all 3 when it comes to textures, except that I do not think Morrowind can handle dxt5... :wink:

CS Wiki has loads of guides for everything modding related and the texturing section is here

Use DXTtoBMP to see which dds version the texture has that you want to edit and the version number shows up in the top drag list, so you save it in the same version as otherwise the textures will not have the same colors or rather same color properties. Body textures in Oblivion are usually DXT5 but DXT1 in Morrowind and the normals has an alpha channel that soften the reflection and makes the skin look more natural, but use the same normal file and you will be fine. :D

Wow, thanx a lot. That is much information.

• 3 weeks later...

Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa (for vanilla assets ... meshes of course are in Oblivion - Meshes.bsa).

- Edit - If you have "hide file extensions for known file types" turned on the Windows Explorer you won't see the .bsa part of the file name. Right click on any file and select Properties and you will see the full file name including extension shown in the Properties dialogue.