Need a little beginners advice on installing mods

tiggerdyret

Hey Guys. My first post :smile:
I'll start out by saying it's really an amazing community you got here and I'm so glad to see how helpful and dedicated people are. I have been a long time skyrim player on the xbox, but I just bought a computer a couply of weeks ago and now it time for some modding. I have searched the net far and wide to find my perfect skyrim experience. I have tried a few things with the NMM and it went pretty well, but I ended crashing the game in the end.
I'll try and list all the mods i wanna implement and maybe you can give me some advice on how to install etc. I've choosen gameplay mods which should be combatible with Xarrian and Ogerboss' reqiuem mod (which sounds so f**ing cool). The notes after the mods are Xarrian and Ogerboss'. I just kept them here so i wouldn't forget :smile:

I'm planning on making it similar to STEP baseline in performance and graphic quality. So i will use their recomendations for the Texture Pack Combiner. Here are the mods and tweaks I wanna use:
Patches and DLC:
- Unofficiel patches
- Heartfire
- Dawnguard
- Dragonborne

Graphics:
- STEP guide Ini tweaks and graphic settings.
- Texture pack combiner with all mods.
- Ethereal Elven Overhaul (use the compatibility patch!)
- Lanterns of Skyrim
- Climates of tamriel
- A nice Climates of Tamriel combatible ENB possibly with SMAA

Gameplay and item mods:
- Requiem
- Alternate Start - Live another Life (after Requiem, Install it AFTER installing Requiem!!! And also delete the QF_MQ101_0003372B.pex file from Requiem's script folder!)
- ASIS (I suggest that you do flag Requiem NOT to be affected by it!)
- Auto Perk Stats Level
- Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
- Banks of Skyrim
- Belua Sanguinare
- Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships (before Requiem)
- Brawl Bugs Patch (highly recommended)
- Bring out your dead
- Cloaks of Skyrim
- Convenient Horses
- Deployable Traps
- Dual Wield Parrying
- Economics of Skyrim
- Even Better Quest Objectives (after Requiem, use the compatibility patch!)
- Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival
- Guard Dialogue Overhaul (before Requiem, check it out!)
- Horse commands
- Immersive armors (before Requiem)
- Immersive patrols
- Interesting NPCs
- Jaysus Swords (before Requiem)
- Morrowloot (before Requiem for handplaced items; after Requiem is NOT recommended)
- Move It
- Proper Aiming (after Requiem)
- Radiance (before Requiem)
- Realistic Needs and Diseases (after Requiem, use the compatibility patch!)
- Skytest (Load it after Requiem, but consider that it will have a minor influence on some animal encounter difficulties!)
- Subliminal Traps
- Tales of Lycantrophy
- Sneak Tools
- Vilja in Skyrim
- Warzones
- Winter is Coming 2.0 (before Requiem)
- I'm open for suggestions. If you think I missed something cool and immersive :smile:

Yeah, thats a lot of mods. How should I go about installing?
Which tools should i use? If you could link me to to some good tool guides, it would be super helpful!

My PC Specs:
- AMD QUADCORE (4x3.6GHZ) FX4100
- ASUS KVALITETSBUNDKORT, M5A78
- 1GB HD7850 GRAFIKKORT, XFX (DVI, HDMI)
- 500GB HARDDISK, 7200RPM
- 8GB DDR3 KINGSTON RAM

Cheers

First of all use BOSS or wyre bash to make sure the load order isn't messed up or there are any dirty edits. Your specs sound awesome, and the mods sound fine. Just be wary and install one mod at a time, if you install them all at once and it crashes, you wont know what went wrong:

Some helpful things:

BOSS - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6

Wyre Bash - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1840

TESVEdit - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25859

Load Order tutorial -

You may want to watch the Load Order video thats on the front page of the main site at this moment.

Load order will be very important and sometimes you maybe have give up certain mods if they are incompatible or simply outdated. Other mods will just be taxing on your system such as Warzones.

It looks like your load order is fine from what I can tell. Is your game crashing randomly, or when you start it?

If it's randomly, you can count on it being one of the demanding mods or a combination. I don't use warzones nor a good bit of some of the mods you have so I probably have no business responding to this thread. The usual method of testing stability for me is uninstalling a mod (not just unchecking the esp, but uninstalling it to remove the scripts, start a new game and play for however long until it crashes. When you uninstall a mod that uses scripts, those scripts stay with your save file or something goofy like that, so you pretty much have to make a new game (if you're having problems because of those scripts that is, otherwise you should be fine).

You may also be having problems with dragonborn. I think by now many mod authors gave in and go dawnguard, so maybe check some of the mods to see if they conflict with dragonborn.

I don't think that is his load order, I believe that's a list of mods he wants to install, as they are alphabetical

You are right at least not for the gameplay mods. I think the load order of the graphic mods is fine. I really liked using NMM, but Is it okay to use NMM and BOSS alone or should i use wyre bash instead of NMM?

My game crashed at start up, but i removed alot of the mods and now it works fine, so i guess I'll try installing one at a time. But i could very well be the war zones mod. Are there anyway to be sure the mod is installed correctly er do i just have to wait for a crash?

I'd suggest using NMM for easy uninstalling and using boss to order them correctly if you're not sure how to order them yourself. then all should be good.

• 1 month later...

If you are new to Skyrim, I would highly recommend looking at the STEP Project. And judging by the initial post, you already have. So... well, not much to say. Follow that guide, and make substitutions and addendums when needed for Requiem.

For your mod manager, Wrye Bash is much better than NMM in about every aspect other than downloading and ease of use. However, if you find that too daunting, Take a Third Option and use Mod Organizer. As simple to learn as NMM, yet a heap more powerful.

Edited by WilliamImm