Derok

If it was just a discussion about the possibility of it being implemented, then maybe something could be done. But this is already going down. As for people stealing and selling mods, other then reporting and banning I have no idea how that could be handled. With online art, people would add a signature or watermark. I wish I could be more helpful. I've been looking forward to this mod from day one, and read almost all of the comments on the nearing 200 pages. I know a ton of work has gone into it, and it's dam* depressing to think that we might not get to see it.

Don't worry, everyone will see it. I just need to come up with a good solution for this enigma before posting it...

Thank you! :D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I have an idea, not the best but may work as base for something like it:

How about he posts the mod and upload it. But has it any kind of non game breaker-still bad bug. (not in leveled list, some not there, wrong types, no world models ect.) Dawn right broken and a bit hard to know or useless.

Then apply fix later in this cases:

As soon as a fake steam version is down if it up.

A week passes.

The fix can be an add on, like if the was the main file name UBR, the fix esp name is UBR fix. That does nothing if the esp it built does not exists. Steam workshop does not allow to upload two files at a time.

Steam workshop has no comments, so the uploader may not know expect later.

You can also not add pictures, not write much information and some small tricks. By the time, someone can look into the workshop to report the fake version.

Seems like you're becoming paranoid, yes it is possible someone steals your mod it wouldn't be the first and certainly not last time, but there is still a way how to recover it. Posting files with intentional bugs don't feel right it could destroy long living saves which would seriously pissed the people who downloaded your mod in intention just enjoy it and not sell it. Not a good idea.

Edited by starfis

Drohung just so you know I wouldn't assume this is going to blow over. We have no guarantee it will. Sure we could lay low for now but a lot of people are waiting for this mod to be released what if it never blows over?

I'm giving it a week to blow over. I'm not releasing UBR (as a long anticipated mod) when there is a large chance that people will steal it and post it on the Nexus to make money off of it.

If this never blows over, I'm going to have to find a way to ensure it doesn't get thrown up on Steam.

Except that, in all likelihood, will not happen and you have a 200 page forum thread to use as evidence for takedown claims if some asshole actually tries to do so. Given that some mods have been taken down for relying on content like Fores New Idles in Skyrim, you'll be perfectly capable of filing reports as need be.

Make some useless item, resource, script or something with a unique name that can be easily glanced over but found by the person who knows what they named it. Tie your name to it. If you make a script make it so without the file the mod will not load. If someone sees the the file and renoves it to post on the workshop, it will not load properly, if someone doesnt renove it, it is proof that youre the author.

It would be funny if you add a note with your watermark or a npc somewhere that can't be reached.

Wait, in the ck there is a window when loading a plugin, write your name there and link to your profile, there is a chance that they may not use Skyrim ck.

You misunderstood, the workshop has really poor control on copyrighted material or mods of other users, so we are scared this mod we put so much work into could get stolen and sold.

Edited by Derok

You misunderstood, the workshop has really poor control on copyrighted material or mods of other users, so we are scared this mod we put so much work into could get stolen and sold.

Indeed the workshop has always had a lot of stolen mods on it the new problem is that people can make money off of stolen mods. Which is bad.