Derok

Ah, Thanks Drake, didn't know that.. Before getting Skyrim on PC I only had played it on the XBox 360, so had no idea it was always tied to STEAM for PC.. weren't they sneaky? Jerks. :P

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, great news! We won the battle! THEY'RE GONE!

http://kotaku.com/valve-cancels-paid-mods-for-skyrim-1700526130

The best quote: "We understand our own game’s communities pretty well, but stepping into an established, years old modding community in Skyrim was probably not the right place to start iterating. We think this made us miss the mark pretty badly, even though we believe there’s a useful feature somewhere here."

I'm glad these are gone, and security is no longer a concern. Mod piracy lasted less than a week, and UBR will be posted without a delay within this week.

Edited by Drohung

The best quote: "We understand our own game’s communities pretty well, but stepping into an established, years old modding community in Skyrim was probably not the right place to start iterating. We think this made us miss the mark pretty badly, even though we believe there’s a useful feature somewhere here."

I'm glad these are gone, and security is no longer a concern. Mod piracy lasted less than a week, and UBR will be posted without a delay within this week.

Yuuuuuuus! :D Here I was getting super tense trying to get my horse mods to work together, and suddenly I feel like dancing. ^,^

Yuuuuuuus! :D Here I was getting super tense trying to get my horse mods to work together, and suddenly I feel like dancing. ^,^

Valve has done their damage, though. Many modders, like Chesko and maybe even Isoku, are retiring after their mod trouble and the backlash.

Also, we still have no news on SkyUI and where that's going...

Yup, I know, got an e-mail from them myself, I signed that petition, good to see both Valve-STEAM/Bethseda listened to the community. Cheers to all who signed and cheers to them for listening!. :)

Chesko retired because the mod community could not be civil in its disagreement with the "paid mods" system. It is entirely the fault of the community that Chesko retired.

It is not the fault of this community. People who were most vocal and hateful throwing rocks at him were never really part of this community. Bunch of twelve year olds maybe. I hope he and others retired only for the absolutely necessary time to gain back some trust in us. And I'm really glad that this stupid thing is over, or at least over for now, because I'm sure they will try it again sooner or later.