Derok

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT:

This wall of quotes is getting out of hand haha (deleted them) anyway this discussion is in the wrong place lets get back to mod discussion!

I wonder how many armors we will have compatible!

Moderation would assist and reduce these stolen mods, theres too many to stop them all but moderation for paid mods can be more strict and limiting what can go onto the paid workshop.

SkyUI development had practically ended, there are no more updates and had retired it, now think would you pay 2 bucks or less to get SkyUI devs to make more & new features that otherwise would never existed, I sure hell would, specially if what they did was good and made SkyUI even better. Remember the paid version would simply have new features and stuff as they get paid to update and keep developing the most important mod in Skyrim. The free version would still exist! however vote with your wallet, buy Paid SkyUI or any paid mod when actually provides something worth your two bucks.

I would even pay UBR to freaking work on it faster and make it even better!

As for what I mean by ads is there was a mod creator who got the bright idea to make advertisements in the free version for his paid mod pop up in mid game as percentage chance when you cast spells. there's more details but is something you expect from mobile games of bad practices. They speak of this in the video. this sort of thing is why we need moderation on paid mods because some will try to abuse and needs careful control and watchful eye.

TL;DR I would like to see them exist even though I really do not have the money to be forking more money out that I already am but if a mod brings massive value to me I will get it. now as Dark0ne made his last discussion about the matter I advise all to read ALL of his discussions and news posts of the matter even the one predicting paid mods. read the RPS Q&A and watch the TB discussion with Brumbek & Dark0ne. and make your own conclusions and I hope it becomes slightly open to the possibles of paid mods.

For everyones ease heres all the links: RPS Q&A, in-depth conversation about the modding scene.

Nexus news posts:

Drawing a line under recent events and moving on

Steam and Bethesda remove paid modding from Skyrim Workshop

BLOG PIECE: Modding as a hobby versus modding as a career, and the position of the Nexus

Edited by strazytski

oh man so many bad things are happening just as this mod is nearing completion, someone or something does not want your mod to be made

Edit: I hope that above is not the case

Edited by mr3cman

More time will only mean better overall. It will only do the mod and the modder good.

More time indeed, as I noticed that all of the meshes are using incorrect texture paths. It might work without them, due to the way that Derok applied a texture set, but I have yet to see if that's correct or not. I'm not worried about the body, only the feet.