Derok

Of course. Just find me a Khajiit or an Argonian avaliable for the motion capture... ;)

Sorry no. Actually motion capture costs a lot and seriously, doesn't worth it. As I said animations are already good.

Edited by Derok

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Derok. If you need a Alpha Alpha tester, I'm open. If you ever have anything you want me to test on Skyrim before public release (even as an alpha), I'm open for testing. I'll be on all day every day on Steam.

Also, the claws look great! The drawing of your character based on the images you gave me is also coming along nicely. I'll be able to show it to you soon. And another also, I'm glad you're sticking with the Vanilla skeletons. If you used a different skeleton, I would be able to have my sword on my back instead of on my waist!

Holy cow!
I go missing a day and a half and there are claws!!
​They look stunningly great, and that picture in mid-attack anim looks really good too.

That, however, makes me think that Argonians should have a little bonus damage in unarmed combat, a little like Khajiits. I don't think M'ahik (my Khajiit) would mind to share that bonus damage.

Now, I saw a comment here about if this will conflict with any skeleton mesh. I can say without doubt, that it doesn't. I have tested the legs in a random Argonian while using DSaSoB (I think it is sepelled that way) and XPMS-Daggers on Hips, and it doesn't conflict at all.
I only had the little seam between the feet and the rest of the leg while crouching, other than that, it worked just fine.

-I'm still using the UBR 1.0/1.1 however. When a new alpha comes, I replace the argonian files, then uninstall it. Once the mod is more complete, I will keep this 2.0 installed.

--The day the SkeletonBeast.nif is modified, it will start to conflict with XPMS (obviously), and DSaSoB unless the proper nodes for the weapons are placed. I hope this clears any doubt about compatibility. But since they won't be modifying this (due to, then, making obligatory the creation of special specific animations), there won't be any problem

EDITED 1 time. Had to correct a missing "." dot to make the comment more comprehensible in a line, plus, added a bit more content.

Edited by TakumiR

Well, Beast Races already have a the unarmed damage increased by 5 in the race settings. But Khajiits have a passive called "Claws" that increases the unarmed damage by 10. I want to improve Argonian unarmed damage, but not as much as Khajiit. They are not equal, each race has his negatives and his positives. Khajiits are the unarmed masters, so if you want to beat some bandit ass with your bare hands, you choose Khajiits. Argonians are quite a defensive race while Khajiits are an offensive race.

Edited by Derok

If I remember right, a keyhole works by the key's specific shape turning tumblers to make the lock open. A claw would not fit the shape to open any such lock. Sure, the little finger's claw would fit in the lock, but it would do nothing.

If I remember right, a keyhole works by the key's specific shape turning tumblers to make the lock open. A claw would not fit the shape to open any such lock. Sure, the little finger's claw would fit in the lock, but it would do nothing.

well yea but all u do in vanilla skyrim is stick a pick in and turn it, its hardly accurate.

also u can pick some locks with paper clips/hairpins, poor quality locks, but still.

maybe just open novice locks with claws?

anyway, it was just a cartoon inspired suggestion..... and i might have been stoned too but i cant remember.