Derok

Zbrush has quite a number of good tools for texturing, it's true, but since I'm working off of the base body texture projected onto polypaint I have to be far beyond careful how the colors are applied. As for the normal maps, we've still yet to see. Derok was able to make them for the argonian male using nothing but the textures I had sent, which is a good sign. For me, however, Skyrim's models have a very odd balance of where the blues and purples need to be when concerning symmetrical images, as I had numerous issues in dealing with them myself. Zbrush may be a good tool, but it ofttimes excels at being a pain in the ass.

As always though, once I make something, I simply send it off and see what happens next.

Thinking too far ahead freezes lucid thoughts to the problems at hand. Best I can do is deal with what's in front of me, and pass off my files to anyone who wants to try something with them.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like you guys are making progres any chance for a new alpha build ? would love too see what is done and what still needs some work on?

oo cool claws :) nice :) that's a nice little bonus

Edited by vinniekliennie

There's really not a lot of progress from the last time, but since Bilo is back I will post for her the updated version, everyone will be free to test it. Edited by Derok

looks like you guys are making progres any chance for a new alpha build ? would love too see what is done and what still needs some work on?

oo cool claws :smile: nice :smile: that's a nice little bonus

The majority of assets are neither Skyrim-ready nor non-.Objs/.jpgs, and although the models seem to me trapped in perpetual apogee they therewithal need undergo our ad hoc ontogenesis. Heretofore - in simple terms - Skyrim's stood athwart the bulk of work. The closest thing to an update to the current Alpha (in my opinion) could only be the inclusion of Derok's claws.

If current progress is anything to go by, the modeling/texturing yet to be truly finalized stands the largest obstacle; until the technicalities of compatibility with Skyrim arise.

And good luck when that deadline hits, Bilo.

:) oke i am just glad you guys are working on it because i really liked the beast race's in morrowind when i played oblivion for the first time i was so sad, the beast race's were so ugly in oblivion. Lucky they fixed that in skyrim but stil i mis the beastleg and feet from morrowind :) but stil it was a much needed improvemed from oblivion

In Oblivion Argonians looked like iguanas and Khajiits looked like pumas. What I hated most on Argonians are their exposed teeth. They looked so derpy...

Anyway I posted the updated version in the first page. If someone take a good updated picture, I will use it in the description.

Edited by Derok