Derok

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why only three toes ? Lizards have four toes. And I'm sure : with four toes on the ground, argonian's feet will be more pleasant to look.

Most likely because of Morrowind's anatomy, 3 toes (well, disregarding the opposable thumb at the heels):

http://homepage.eircom.net/~cotnfan/images/buf_argo.jpg

...oh, and lookie thar... no breasts on females in Morrowind. Who was trying to tell the opposite?

That's why I prefer giving people 'options', and dislike all those absolutes.

I think there's the breast on their model but since Morrowind has no normal maps it's hard to tell...

I'm almost sure Morrowind Beast Races didn't use a different model. Bethesda just gave them different animations and different feet. Sadly we can't do the same on Skyrim because:

1 Good looking animations are really hard to make

2 We don't even know how to make animations

3 Morrowind has less animations than Skyrim. We don't just have to create new walking animations, but EVERYTHING, and when I say everything I mean: drinking, sitting, dancing, attacking, jumping etc...

That's it.

And I think Senviro used dinosaur legs as reference for Argonians so this is why they have four toes :P

I think five toes would make more sense since they have five fingers... They look better with four toes anyway.

Edited by Derok

I started feeling like a foot-fetishist a while back, after working full-time on beast feet for over 3 different races...

Take that~

-snip-

I'm so sorry. Or not.

Hmm, for some reason I was actually looking right through the paws on the first one and concentrating only on the fluff on his chest and shoulders. That's something I was working on for the Wolven Anthros shortly before my involuntary retirement, and I wasn't really satisfied with my results so far...

...and the others... the bodies look interesting and the armor/clothing designs are flooding my mind with ideas and concepts like crazy...

...but the feet... plantigrade... disinterested... automatically ignored by my mind's eye *yawn* Oh, well.

I was trying to do my own Argonian Feet, more close to Morrowind's design, to be used in place of jdayT's models for those prefering it more morrowind'ish... but I couldn't get my head around to the idea of creating something good-looking based on only the low-detail three-toed design to go by. The Morrowind design was way too extreme, not only in my eyes.

I hope practice makes perfect @Drohung. It didn't work for me. My animations still look like crap after a year of practice. Guess I'm just lacking talent. My poses are quite satisfying, my still renders are looking great, but animations... well, unbelievably 'robotic' doesn't quite cut it. *sigh*

Keep them progress updates coming! There's no better source of inspiration than watching the work of others more talented than I am. ...And who knows, maybe one day I will even be modding this game.

I've actually got the animations down good. Or, well, as best as I can as of now. They aren't robotic, but they aren't quite 'organic' yet either.

Also, Drake, I can agree with the view you showed on the images presented above. The armor and clothing was good, but the feet... yeah... Personally, I despise plantigrade feet.

Also, new screenshots of my armor that's compatible with the current UBR will be posted soon.

As I suspected. The Thalmor Embassy Quest is broken due to the shoes issue. I am stuck at the point where I have to sneak in, and go to the party. Delphine says "You can't go in dressed like that."

Without turning the mod off, this effectivly breaks the progression. What did you all do to get past it?