Derok

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that Black Marsh wouldn't be a beautiful place... Just that it lacks a little bit of diversity necessary to prevent the environment from feeling repetitive. I know, that can be said about almost every province of Tamriel, but I think Black Marsh especially.

As for the full invasion thing, I agree with the Vietnam/WWII Russia thing, but I also think that a major player in it is the fact that New Argonia offers little to no advantages to the empire worthy of waging war with it. Black Marsh produces little to no exports, even less that can actually make it out of the province, and its locale means that it doesn't even offer any new trade routes or passages. The fact that they'd exhaust an exceptional amount of resources to possibly fail to take over Black Marsh just compiles the fact they can barely make use of it...

I kinda wanna see Black Marsh now.

I'm actually very tempted to play TESO just to see more than one province in one game...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mm It's unique poisons and venom would be a perfect reason to invade no antidote or anti venom yet made for them, also it's coast's would make it easier to sail all the way to Morrowind from Elsewyre. Plus as been proven by the dark elves the Argonians are good slave workers...

Seeing as all this 'Black Marsh' talk has gone over 2 whole pages by now, I think it's no longer that off-topic to slip in a little link here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/118614-wip-the-black-marshes/

It's an ongoing project since Oblivion and I'm watching their progress closely ever since I had to sadly deny joining the team myself due to this total lack of free time.

I read all books and literature on Argonia since entering the series through Morrowind, and they managed to create a very 'lore-accurate' (god, I hate using that word!) representation of the province.

If you ever need any ideas what Black Marsh and Argonia are very likely looking like, or doubt that there's actually an overwhelming multitude of diversity to be found even within the marshes themselves, you might want to pay those progress documentation screenshots and videos a visit, or read up about their concepts and ideas, or where they got their facts from and which parts were made up for design.

They're coming very close to a release now, and I can't wait to give the most-anticipated-by-myself province in the game world a personal visit next, as soon as I'll be able to again.

Drake might not exactly be very fond of all the water and humidity there, but even he cannot resist exploring a whole new province of mystery and adventure, and breath-takingly beautiful scenery, of course!

...Coming to think of it, his innate curiosity might actually kill him, quite literally, being a dragon, if he's unable to go there after it's finally released...

Saw most screenshots of the project, and I must say Oblivion looks really old. Yes, graphics aren't everything but this is too similar to Morrowind except that is bland, with no details. Exploring doesn't seem funny. I hope they will improve the terrain and make complex and amusing quests.

These guys are awesome, but Skyrim changed me. I can't go back to Oblivion.

A real Black Marsh on Skyrim engine would be damn awesome. We have so much awesome effects. We have mist, sunrays, bugs... Damn, when I read the book I saw Lilmoth in my mind. It was beautiful... I have so much ideas for a mod, if just more experienced people would be interested. Saw a small Black Marsh project some days ago, and I want to help this guy.

Edited by Derok

Damn, that Black Marsh mod looks pretty sweet... though I don't like to admit it, Skyrim has spoiled me a bunch as well, and it's hard for me to feel at home in many gamespaces that aren't close to Skyrim quality...

I'll still probably give it a whirl eventually, just to say I have.

Thanks for the heads up, D the D.

Hearing people talk about Black Marshes makes me think of Shivering Isle; I mostly was on the gloomy side – Dementia, so dismal swamps filled with pain and misery and insects the size of really big insects sounds familiar.

If I recall, the psychedelic side – Mania – was more foresty though.

But I think Black Marshes would have crazy colors like this in parts as well; poisonous things are always loud colors and patterns.

Also, I keep thinking about the Amazon Forest when flooded.

• 2 weeks later...