Zahkrii Do Dovahkiin - Hidden DLC Dragonborn Sword

pmnavatar

A bit of both. Theres a vanilla script named SummonWolvesSCRIPT or something like that. It was modified to allow five summons instead of the original three. This script works fine. The script that's giving me the problem, however, is tied to the dragonborn actor itself (AncientDragonborn2, if you have the mod installed) and it is named DLC2DBAncientDragonbornSCRIPT. This script comes with the dragonborn dlc, and is also used by the dragonborn from Dragon Aspect. If you look there you'll see a wait timer that's set to last 300 seconds. This is how the duration of the dragonborn is controlled. I can obviously recompile a changed version of the script to make sure that it doesn't effect the original ancient dragonborn.

Btw Karkron i'm giving you credit for the loads of help you've given me :)

Edited by Catman030

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of both. Theres a vanilla script named SummonWolvesSCRIPT or something like that. It was modified to allow five summons instead of the original three. This script works fine. The script that's giving me the problem, however, is tied to the dragonborn actor itself (AncientDragonborn2, if you have the mod installed) and it is named DLC2DBAncientDragonbornSCRIPT. This script comes with the dragonborn dlc, and is also used by the dragonborn from Dragon Aspect. If you look there you'll see a wait timer that's set to last 300 seconds. This is how the duration of the dragonborn is controlled. I can obviously recompile a changed version of the script to make sure that it doesn't effect the original ancient dragonborn.

Btw Karkron i'm giving you credit for the loads of help you've given me :smile:

Well, thanks.

Anyway, as far as the script goes, a recompile might be a way to go, but since this script is also used by Dragon Aspect, I think a better solution would be to duplicate the affects of the script and the dragonborn to be used specifically by Rage of Ancients shout and no other shouts or spells alike. Although am not completely sure.

Edit: Btw, how goes the progress on the Bloodskal Blade effect?

Edited by Karkron

Yea i'll probably recompile but up until now the script has served my purposes. The bloodskal effect is still unsuccessful. I even tried modifying the imbue weapons mod, but with no success. I'm honestly baffled on this one.

Edited by Catman030

Yea i'll probably recompile but up until now the script has served my purposes. The bloodskal effect is still unsuccessful. I even tried modifying the imbue weapons mod, but with no success. I'm honestly baffled on this one.

Try asking the mod author of More Draconic, for some reason that I know not of, the way he changed Dragon Aspect is that if you have both a one-handed weapon and shield equipped and are under the affects of the Fly spell that the more "draconic" version of DA grants, you produce the Bloodskal Blade affect by attacking at a distance.

Edit: I've also found a really retarded bug with the dragonborn army. If you sheathe and draw Zahkrii Do Dovahkiin while still under the affects of Rage of Ancients and use the shout again at full power, the small four dragonborn army becomes an army of 8. After repeating the same process, the army will continue to grow until the timer on one of them runs out or your game crashes due to too many actors using magic at once.

Edit: Maybe adding something that tells the script to despawn the ancient dragonborn if the armor affect of Rage of Ancients goes away? (May also fix the bug I reported above)

Edited by Karkron

Yea im kinda working on all three of those things atm. Ill take a look at the more draconic mod and see if there's anything i can use. That bug is pretty illogical considerring the script. Its understandable that more dragonborn can be summoned but they shouldn't be repeatedly spawning unless that proccess is repeated.

Edit: Nevermind, I understand what you were saying. A fix shouldn't be that bad, if I can find a "get" function for the number of summoned actors.

Edited by Catman030

Karkron, the glitch you described can be easily fixed by increasing the cooldown time for the third word of the shout to 5 minutes. Although not the best fix, it'll work for now. I'm thinking of attaching the dragonborn script (the one attached to the deagonborn itself) to the magic effect rather than the actor, replacing the "self" statements with an actorbase property. This way, i can un-summon the dragonborn on the effectfinish event. Then use conditions to attach it to the weapon sheath. Think that'll work?

Karkron, the glitch you described can be easily fixed by increasing the cooldown time for the third word of the shout to 5 minutes. Although not the best fix, it'll work for now. I'm thinking of attaching the dragonborn script (the one attached to the deagonborn itself) to the magic effect rather than the actor, replacing the "self" statements with an actorbase property. This way, i can un-summon the dragonborn on the effectfinish event. Then use conditions to attach it to the weapon sheath. Think that'll work?

Possibly, though am not sure on the conditions, but it never hurts to try right?

Edit: Btw, did you look into More Draconic or are you still working on that?

Edited by Karkron

Still working on it. Doesn't seem like theres anything i can use from more draconic. In fact, i haven't even found anything that would cause the bloodskal effect to happen. Don't worry though i'm not giving up on it yet

That is most strange indeed. Have you tried tracking the "users" of the modified Dragon Aspect?

Edited by Karkron

That is most strange indeed. Have you tried tracking the "users" of the modified Dragon Aspect?

Ill look at them, although im doubtful of any progress there. I have a feeling that the effect contains some sort of harcoding that I dont have access to. Every attempt Ive made so far should gave been successful theoretically, im more than confused at this point.