Advanced help

greggorypeccary

Help from anyone with the knowledge and time would be greatly appreciated. I searched Tutorials and the Bethesda Wiki and the forums as best I could but couldn't find anything about this. I'm trying to make a door open into different cells depending upon what stage the quest is at. I thought that it must be a sript on the door itself but I looked at the afterschool special mod ( which is a mod that does what I want to do, I think.) but I don't see any scripts on the doors. As a matter of fact I can't see how it is done at all. so as I said I will be gratefull for any help.

Create as many doors you need, with each linking to one of the cells. Place all doors at exactly the same place, with the 'Initially Disabled' box checked. You can then use the 'Result Script' of each quest stage to enable one door and disable the rest.

i have all my cells and doors created. The doors are set up as teleports. I placed an xmarker at each door. I made the xmarker the parent to each of their assigned doors. Now I should be able to enable or disable the doors by enabling or disabling the xmarker parent.

The problem comes when I go into quest stage result scripts to enable/disable the xmarkers. I gave the xmarkers ref editor id 000npl1a , 000npl1b, 000npl1c. If I type 000npl1a.enable or 000npl1a.disable into the result scipt the script won't save. None of them will work. I have also tried enabling/disabling the doors themselves without using the xmarkers. I am sure that whatever I am doing wrong is minor. I probably just omitted something.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? It seems so simple that nothing should be a problem, but here I am tearing my hair out. This is the very last thing I need to do to complete my mod.

Thanks in advance

G.

Edited by greggorypeccary

Try making the door an activator and a bunch of 'player move to' different xmarkers in different cells with conditions that match the stages in your quest

One 'door' or activator which uses a door model. Multiple destinations, each with conditions depending on quest stages or variables.

Edited by TrickyVein

Thank you viennacalling andTrickvVein and jazzisparis.

I tried changing the zeros to A's and that worked. I knew it was something simple.

G.

(edit)

Really I mean it Thanks!

Everything is working!

Edited by greggorypeccary

I think everyone starts their scripts with 000 by instinct. They most likely do it because it would always show up first in the list if it began with 000. I done it my first time :P