The most heart touching moments in Skyrim

FreddeN93

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

normally, id do all the db kills with no problem or remorse but one playthrough when i came to the ship ruins and the argonian, i told him the db had came for him and he yelled "the dark brotherhood?!?! why would you do that?! ive never done harm to you or anybody, please no!!" here i started feeling bad and he yelled "NO! NOOO!! AAARRGHH" i dont know why but that just made me stop moving, zoom out and look at my characters face and say "NO, this is not me" then i just turned around, got into the sea, swam all the way down, looked up.

and died.

then i loaded the save where im the dragonborn hero of all time helping every single person i can and make everyone happy.

also here, stopped, zoomed out, looked at me and my "brother's" (playthrough thing) face, and say "yeah, this is me"

best feeling ever.

*spoiler alert*

After the main Alduin quest, it really got to me when Parthanaax said something about how melancholy is an easy trap for Dovah to fall into.

I never really wanted to kill dragons and everything, but that just seemed like a profound, and kind of depressing, revelation. All these flying beasts are just trying to fill their sadness :( /emo-dovah

• 3 weeks later...

One was when my Meeko died. And so I had only one thought after I learned console commands. Meeko. I went back to Meeko's shack and the nord was gone. Then I had an idea. I spawned a Meeko, and he went in the shack. Then I spawned a nord with him in the shack. Then I said to Meeko(in real life), "Your owner is back, boy." After that I left and never returned again.

Another was when I was fighting the Aldmeri Dominion due to a mod I had, and I also had multiple followers mod, so. I was knocked down by one of their spells and I could see all of them advancing on me. However, my companion J'Harza(Hall of Followers mod, I get a lot of mods) started firing arrows at them. They turned their attention to him, and they all attacked him. When I went back to him he had arrows and ice spikes protruding from his body. There were so many, he looked like a cross between a Khajiit and a hedgehog. All of my other followers had made it though. They were fighting on different ends of the battlefield. The damned cat saved my life. ;(

My final one was during a dragon attack in Riverwood at night. Around 11:30 Skyrim time. There was a woman who was about to be killed by the dragon, so I Fus Ro Dah'd her out of the way. She flew back and was saved, but she came at me. I tried to use Voice of the Emperor shout but I had already used it for the day. So Lydia killed her. And right then when the others were trying to attack me I checked the time on my map when I tried to fast travel. (I was a noob and didn't know the concepts of it) I realized it was 12:06 Skyrim time, so I then used Voice of the Emperor and they calmed down. I was horrified. All I had needed to do was wait a bit and I might have calmed the lady.

• 2 weeks later...

There is several heart touching moments for me mainly because i'm sentimental:

Major Moments:

Quest: Laid to Rest - With the ghost Helgi being the most touching. A child who could be eternally scared and tired if not helped. In the end, she thanks the hero/heroine in a peaceful happy way saying that her mother is calling before disappearing forever.

Quest: A Love Beyond Death - With Lu-ah, Fjori and Holgeir. To help Fjori and Holgeir, you have to defeat/kill Lu-ah only to go into the back room where Lu-ah lived alone; on the table in front of her bed is a letter from the imperial military informing her of her husband's death and a single flower in a gem holder which made me look around her room and she had her husband's uniform on the shelf. I left only taking items from the main chest and left behind what i thought she held most dearly in life.

Quest: Blood on the Ice - With Calixto. It had to be done, to save lives, but he certainly was a life's tragedy from losing someone he cared so much for just like Lu-ah.

Adopting Children: Sofie and Lucia - Without any multiple adoption mods used, these two to me are the most deserving to be adopted from my experience so far, one begs for money to buy food and such; the other sells flowers in a cold city (flowers dont really grow well in arctic weather). They both don't appear to actually have a home to go to like the orphanage or a family that semi take in or feed them. Lucia often goes into the Whiterun tavern to live out the night and i'm not really sure where Sophie actually lives at during the night.

Animal Companions: Meeko for sure, i love animals and cant bear to see one suffer like Meeko would being by itself loyal to a dead master. ( i can't find Meeko's shack yet again, argh!)

Minor moments

Any quest that have a potential follower stay at the site of the quest alone like Illia from Repentence, Erandur from Waking Nightmare, Goldir from Hillgrim's <sp?> Tomb, Arenea from the Black Star. I make them Stewards at my Hearthfire homes or have them live there as additional security :yes:

Edited by TwilightDB

Here are two main reasons why I consider the writing in vanilla Skyrim to be average, rather then plain bad, as certain people from Beth's unpleasable fanbase claim:

1) Rikke's "Talos guide you" in pro-Imperial playthough.

2) "The All-Maker made you Dragonborn for a higher purpose. Walk with the All-Maker, Skaal-friend".

I've been touched by both moments.

Edited by LoneWolfEburg

• 2 weeks later...

When you have the DLC Hearthfire and you see Sofie or Lucia. They have no parents, all alone in the world and here comes Dovahkiin offering them a place they can finally call home.

Sofia really gets to you when you see her sleeping on the ground in freaking Windhelm.

Narfi was pretty sad too.

Also when Astrid died. Sure she betrayed but she was trying to protect the brotherhood that has had some really tough days.

However unlike some of the other people going through with the DB quests, it never bothered me but thats probally because you can do many cruel unthinkable thinks in Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines that whenever I play a vampire I feel just as cruel in Skyrim.

Edited by StatiSky

Sofia really gets to you when you see her sleeping on the ground in freaking Windhelm.

She is the only child that I ever adopted. I was using frostfall, with gear for cold weather and stuff... At night, raining/snowing and my vision starting to blur... the char was almost freezing to death, and then a saw her lying on the ground sleeping. Games usually doesn't makes me feel bad... strange feeling.^^
The other time was when I accidentaly killed my own horse.