What is the worst city in Skyrim?

LordSarcasm

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morthal and Dawnstar. Morthal would look so much better if there was some more houses and if it had even more of a spooky atmosphere given the surrounding swamps and the local vamps. Dawnstar is just incredibly dull and really needs some work, its a port for goodness sake not a hamlet. Winterhold is rather pointless too beyond the College itself and while it fits with the lore I would have preferred more evidence of the cities ruins dotted around the place for a little more atmosphere. Falkreath which I do like also needs a much bigger graveyard given the locations history.

Dawnstar seems nothing more than a port of convenience for either having a brew at the local pub or dropping your kids off. It has a mere goat track connecting the town with the rest of civilisation by land, and a single jetty...not very welcoming for trade ships. Winterhold is a town on it's last gasp..the sooner it falls into the sea the better

Morthal and Dawnstar. Morthal would look so much better if there was some more houses and if it had even more of a spooky atmosphere given the surrounding swamps and the local vamps. Dawnstar is just incredibly dull and really needs some work, its a port for goodness sake not a hamlet. Winterhold is rather pointless too beyond the College itself and while it fits with the lore I would have preferred more evidence of the cities ruins dotted around the place for a little more atmosphere. Falkreath which I do like also needs a much bigger graveyard given the locations history.

Remnants of a wall would've been a nice touch. This former capital and major city is the only one of its kind in Skyrim not to have a wall surrounding it?

I agree.... just a simple wall or a ruined wall would've done SO MUCH for Winterhold.

IMO a lot of the smaller towns like Rorik's Stead and Shor's Stone could've had a lot more going for them too with just a few more buildings and some clutter. And the EVEN smaller ones like Stonehills, Kynesgrove, and Darkwater Crossing could've at least had a building for the miners to LIVE in. Heck some of the Orc Strongholds were larger than those places.

Edited by TheLoreSeeker