What is the worst city in Skyrim?

LordSarcasm

Markath

It's hard to navigate and there's not much to see. There isn't much to see in any city, but this one is the worst.

Then you have Dawnstar.

So cold. The only reason I go there is for the sake of finding every city.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my character definately Markarth, though as a player I love Markath and would vote for Falkreath.

Why? I never seem to pass through that place, and in the very rare case that I do I'm greeted with quests I don't care for and the Jarl? - A lousy lazy punk.

• 1 month later...

i'd say they all are terrible

winterhold is cold (clear skies doesn't bloody help that) not to mention empty

windhelm is divided and racist. some of the people are okay, but ulfric is just public racist no1

riften is riften (in uncle sheo's words "would you go to oblivion if i told you to? what about riften? do you think there's a difference?") only respectable thing is mjoll and that blacksmith

dawnstar is cold too, and pretty empty for a DOCK town (it even has an iron AND a quicksilver mine too) not to mention everyone has their dreams being devoured.

whiterun is lackluster, and stupidly divided

no one goes to falkreath.

solitude gives you the nice introduction of an execution. at least the jarl is somewhat respectable.

morthral....theres vampires, ghosts, burnt down houses, a goddamn lake, and that one mage no one likes

markarth: canabalism, molag bol, corrupt families, and generally unfriendly.

why the hell do the dwemer like stone so much. seriously, blackreach is kinder than markarth.

Dawnstar and Winterhold are bland and empty....boring.

I like Falkreath but tend to avoid it because of Barbas, you just can't escape that quest if your coming in heavy with Loot.....either keep carrying the damned Loot or get stuck with Barbas....not much of a choice there.... :(

All of them, the cities in Skyrim are either Walled Villages or un-walled villages.

I'd say all the cities are pretty poor. Very few of them I ever really want to revisit.

Riften = Brown. Brown everywhere. Then there's always that meathead who threatens you upon first arriving. Place should get torched by a dragon. Wouldn't miss the place.

Windhelm = Filthy cold London back alleys. The walls are always high and the road is almost always in shadow. There could hardly be a more depressing city. Did I mention the textures are ugly as hell? The icy road could be a giant river of bird crap for all I know given how pixelated it is.

Dawnstar/Morthal/Falkreath = Completely forgettable crap made out of overused Riverwood/Farm statics.

Winterhold = Mages College. There's nothing else of even remote interest. I might actually revisit the college though, so that makes it better than the ones above.

Markarth = Dwarven architecture, the kind with stone and not gold crap everywhere. Yay for Tolkein inspired architecture! Crap questlines though make it a place I don't care for much.

Whiterun = An actually pretty cozy place. Definitely one of the most attractive cities in the game. Little bad to say about it.

Solitude = Looks nice, has some decent variety. Nothing too bad to say, but not a lot to praise either. Just kind of meh. It should have shown off the fact it was resting on a giant cliff instead of hiding it.

Of the five true "cities" I would rate them in this order:

1. Markarth: A truly great city, filled with rife and intrigue. Would I want to live there? Hell no. But a great city for a game.

2. Solitude: This place is a pirate magnet, and how can you not like pirates? Easy on the eyes and always lots to do.

3. Riften: A dirty, stinking rotten sewer of a city. You can probably smell it from miles away. What's not to like?

4. Whiterun: A horrible, boring place to live. It does have one saving grace: Heimskr. A very entertaining guy.

5. Windhelm: Bleak, depressing, and freaking ancient. This city really needs to be torn down. Would have been nice had it had an arena.

Of the hold capitals outside the cities, I would rate them:

6. Winterhold: Okay, the place sucks but it is home to the Mage College. The college is one of my favorite places in Skyrim.

7. Dawnstar: A great place to start if you like alchemy or just like working in the mines. Otherwise, it sucks.

8. Morthal: Another great place for alchemists or vampires, but otherwise a really boring place.

9. Falkreath: Ain't nothing good about this place. I mean, it looks pretty for about five minutes, and then you instantly die from the boredom.

Markarth is a beautiful city at first sight, but if you stay a while, you'll notice that it's corrupted, hard access to anything you want and is surrounded by cannibals, crazy people, slavery... no, thanks.

Falkreath died. that mournful feeling you have makes me want to die.

Morthal is a swamp. nothing else is needed to say.

Riften gives me the sensation that nobody gives a **** for the city. nobody cares if the city is dirty, if there's a thief on your door (it's the only city I've seen thieves on doors).

Dawnstar looks good, but there's a lot of missing things there to be a city.

Winterhold... I confess I care for it, but, it's been almost 80 years since The Great Collapse and NOBODY did anything to rebuild the city? even the mages of the College.

Windhelm looks good, but the textures are awful and that "apartheid" there makes me sick.

Solitude is the greatest city, but there are a lot of imperial crazy followers, who believes everything else is wrong.

Whiterun is ok for me. that neighborhood feeling, even with that ustpid feud. I can worship Talos without problem, go take a mead at Bannered Mare, farms near the city. that feeling that you're in peace.