Ze Debate!

minngarm

Now that I've settled some RL Issues I'm looking at dabbling in modding again, Skyrim while in obvious need of a rehaul for my launch mods doesnt really catch my interest atm.

How active is the FNV community now and eager for new content mods?

I've a stand alone expansion type content mod I was working on previously I may pick back up if there is enough interest in FNV content.

I'd say pretty eager.

But dude. Do what you want to do. I don't think there's enough consensus or organization within the modding community for anyone to be able to answer your question definitively or to be able to speak with any confidence about 'what the community wants.' Moreover, if you choose to get back into modding for New Vegas you're effectively changing the community by becoming part of it. And if you want to create new content, guess what? That's what the community wants too :)

Dont do what you think the people want, or whats "cool" just because its wanted or cool. I know many Skyrim modders who are in modding Skyrim just because its whats "cool" and wanted right now, but they dont even play Skyrim themselves.

Make what you want, dont worry if its what everyone else wants. 90% of your mods will not be super hot popular stuff, so its best to do what your interested in.

FNV is still a thriving community, its never going to be as popular as Skyrim or even Oblivion (before Skyrim) but new great stuff is still coming out everyday for FNV.