"Missing master! Check the mod load order"

Ragnazelle

i got this problem when i try to install things from project nevada (patches,convergence,etc.),when i entered new vegas,there's no menu,only the ncr ranger image when you play FNV,and i gotta say i think i made the problem worse for myself and i think i need to reinstall the game and i had poor experiences with FNVedit,i just can't see what's wrong,i'm just being stupid at this point but at least i want to know the core of the problem,if you can help,it'll be much apreciatted!

mod load order

0 0 FalloutNV.esm

1 1 DeadMoney.esm

2 2 HonestHearts.esm

3 3 OldWorldBlues.esm

4 4 LonesomeRoad.esm

5 5 GunRunnersArsenal.esm

6 6 ClassicPack.esm

7 7 MercenaryPack.esm

8 8 TribalPack.esm

9 9 CaravanPack.esm

10 a SomeguySeries.esm

11 b FOOK - New Vegas.esm

12 c FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm

13 d enclavebunker.esm

14 e HonestHearts2.esp

15 f Project Nevada - Core.esm

16 10 Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

17 11 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

18 12 Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

19 13 More Perks.esm

20 14 Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm

21 15 Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm

Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp

Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp

Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp

22 16 HonestHearts2b.esp

23 17 FOOK - New Vegas.esp

24 18 FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp

25 19 Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp

26 1a Project Nevada - All DLC.esp

27 1b FOOK-PN Convergence.esp

28 1c WeaponModsExpanded.esp

29 1d FOOK-PN-WME-WMX-EVE Convergence.esp

30 1e Project Nevada - WMX.esp

Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp

Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp

Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp

Project Nevada - Dead Money (Rebalance).esp

Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal (Rebalance).esp

31 1f More Perks Update.esp

32 20 TfaT2.esp

33 21 Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Store.esp

34 22 The Storyteller.esp

35 23 NewVegasBounties.esp

36 24 NewVegasBountiesII.esp

37 25 NewVegasBountiesIII.esp

38 26 Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp

39 27 TeslaWeaponsPack.esp

40 28 TheBetterAngels.esp

41 29 shogo_laser_katana.esp

42 2a courierpowerarmor.esp

43 2b M200.esp

44 2c AirForceArmorT57C.esp

45 2d m110.esp

46 2e Carbonek_Mod.esp

47 2f Aliens Pulse Rifle NV.esp

48 30 EliteCrit1.esp

49 31 Laser Snipere Rifle.esp

50 32 L96.esp

51 33 Elite Elite Armor.esp

OWB-Path Lights - Darker Nights.esp

52 34 OWB-Path Lights.esp

53 35 Readius_NV.esp

54 36 OldCourierDuster_Replacer.esp

55 37 Donta1979 MK117 Prototype Armor.esp

56 38 StoryTellerUA.esp

57 39 OldWorldBlues - Light Stealth Suit MKII no NVSE.esp

58 3a Lonesome Road EDE FIX 2.esp

59 3b dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp

60 3c Project Alpha Sniper Zoom.esp

61 3d PerkEveryLevel.esp

62 3e PhotonLaserWeapons.esp

63 3f MW19GhostAzrael.esp

64 40 AMAC1500.esp

65 41 M82.esp

66 42 UnlimitedCompanions.esp

67 43 OldWorldBlues - Improved Transportalponder.esp

68 44 TacticalLaserRifle.esp

69 45 SVU.esp

70 46 DEagle.esp

71 47 CZ805.esp

72 48 MSR556.esp

73 49 FAMAS.esp

74 4a BT87.esp

75 4b FalloutNV_lang.esp

76 4c Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp

77 4d Plugin.esp

78 4e The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

79 4f Project Nevada - Rebalance Uncapped Max Level.esp

Edited by Ragnazelle

Unless I install your mod list, (and/or play NV, which I don't) there's no way I can know what mod is missing a master.

If you're using MO2, then all you have to do is mouse over the plugin that is throwing the "missing master" error and it will tell you what "master" you are missing.

Once you determine which plugin is missing which master, the job is easy. If you already have the plugin master that is supposedly "missing," then you simple need to rearrange the "master" to load before the dependent mod. If you do not have the mod that is the "master," you must download it.

You have a large compatibility patch, but I don't see EVE or Weapons Mod Expansion loading before the patch. This will give you the missing master error.

so,should i install those patches to get it working? i didn't install EVE/WME so i don't see the point of downloading it

Edited by Ragnazelle

You have a large compatibility patch, but I don't see EVE or Weapons Mod Expansion loading before the patch. This will give you the missing master error.

so,should i install those patches to get it working? i didn't install EVE/WME so i don't see the point of downloading it

You have a patch to allow Weapons Mod Expanded, EVE, Project Nevada and Weapons Mod Expansion to work with FOOK. That means the masters for the patch are Weapons Mod Expanded, EVE, Project Nevada Weapons Mod Expansion and FOOK. If you are missing any of these (you are), you will get a missing master error and the game will not launch. No, you don't have to use Weapons Mod Expansion and EVE if you don't want to. But, you cannot use a patch that has them as a master file, your game will crash with the error message of having a missing master. Since you don't have the missing masters, you cannot use that patch. You will have to find another patch.

You also need to actually read the mod pages before downloading and installing any mods. You also need to actually read you load order. To avoid problems like this, don't download and install a bunch of mod files, install them at once and expect to have a stable game. You need to install each mod individually and check in the game to ensure it will run. Yes, it takes time, but it is the only way to make sure you have the mod installed correctly and the game will run.

Getting a stable game takes work and a lot of patience. If you are in a hurry to play the game, play it without mods.

You have a patch to allow Weapons Mod Expanded, EVE, Project Nevada and Weapons Mod Expansion to work with FOOK. That means the masters for the patch are Weapons Mod Expanded, EVE, Project Nevada Weapons Mod Expansion and FOOK. If you are missing any of these (you are), you will get a missing master error and the game will not launch. No, you don't have to use Weapons Mod Expansion and EVE if you don't want to. But, you cannot use a patch that has them as a master file, your game will crash with the error message of having a missing master. Since you don't have the missing masters, you cannot use that patch. You will have to find another patch.

You also need to actually read the mod pages before downloading and installing any mods. You also need to actually read you load order. To avoid problems like this, don't download and install a bunch of mod files, install them at once and expect to have a stable game. You need to install each mod individually and check in the game to ensure it will run. Yes, it takes time, but it is the only way to make sure you have the mod installed correctly and the game will run.

Getting a stable game takes work and a lot of patience. If you are in a hurry to play the game, play it without mods.

well you just hit my feelings hard,but true,i'm just installing random stuff at this point i'm being blind,thank you for the reply!