How do you delete From a mod?

Dlamar

Like the title says,how do i delete armors from a mod?I mean i have a mod with a lot of armors...and i mean a lot...trouble is,half of those(maybe more)aren't to my taste(too revealing and such)and they take a lot of space in the crafting space...and it becomes bothersome to scroll trough 100000000 armors to find the piece you want.So how could i delete these armors so that they don't appear in the crafting menu?I suppose i need the creation kit and tweak the esp right?Also,how do you delete these armors from the bsa file?(the mod comes with a bsa/esp file...no textures/meshes folder)do i need like a tool to unpack the bsa...delete what i want and then pack it toghether again?Any help is appreciated.

If all you wish to do is remove the armors from the crafting menu...

Backup the original plugin as a precaution.

Open up the Creation Kit,

Load up the plugin in question

Find the Construcible Object category under Items in the Object Window

Locate the recipe for the items you do not want.

Highlight the recipe and press the Delete key on your keyboard.

Save the plugin.

Re-load the plugin into the Creation Kit and confirm that the recipe was deleted.

Launch the game and confirm in game that the recipe was removed.

Unless those armors are also distributed within leveled lists or sold by merchants, you'll never see a reference to them in game and as such shouldn't ever be accessed. Therefore you'd have no need to further tamper with the mod.

However if you are insistent on removing the associated meshes & textures...

Open Creation Kit

Load the plugin

Locate the Armor category in the Object Window

Locate the correct Armor form for the armor you want to remove

Open the armor record

In the bottom middle of the form is a Models box,

Tick the Show all box and make a note of any listed Armor Addon forms

Look at the World Icon information and jot down what NIF file is assigned

Open the Armor Addon form now

Look at the male & female 1st person & 3rd person model entries and jot down what NIF file is assigned

Click on Edit to bring up the mesh preview

See if there are any assigned Texture Sets

If there are texture sets, jot them down too.

Close the Armor & Armor Addon forms

Navigate the Object Window as necessary and delete both the Armor & Armor Addon forms

If you had any texture sets in use, navigate to Texture Sets under Misc in the Object window and locate those texture sets

Open the texture set up and make a note of each texture used.

Then delete the texture set.

Save the plugin

Reload the plugin to confirm that those records are gone.

Now the fun begins... ***

Use BSAOpt or other program to extract the BSA contents to a clean directory

Navigate the Meshes folder till you find the NIF files you wrote down earlier

Open them with NifSkope

Navigate (click little black trigangles) thru all NiTrishape nodes till you finally find the assigned textures

Make a note of the textures used

Now delete the meshes & textures

When done with all armors

Go to your Skyrim directory and run the Archive.exe file and repack the remaining files into a new BSA.

***Depending upon how the mod is made you might be able to get away with copy/pasting the extracted BSA contents into the game's data folder and repacking the archive inside the creation kit with your modified plugin active. But some mods have other files that don't always get picked up with the internal version of the archive tool.

That is a lot of work just to completely remove a few armors. Also doing anything I posted, means that said mod can no longer be supported by the mod author should you have any other issues.

Out of curiosity what armor mod are you talking about?

I would highly suggest that you have permission from the author to modify the files before continuing. Even if it is for personal use.

I'm not 100% sure on this...but can't you just mark the armors that you don't want to see/play in the game as unplayable? I think that would be an easier way of disabling them.

Also, if you only have a couple of armors out of many...you can do the manual copy way the few armors you want and save it as a new mod...if there's a bsa...make sure to either include it or extract the textures, meshes, scripts, etc for the armors and place into your directory.

I would highly suggest that you have permission from the author to modify the files before continuing. Even if it is for personal use.

Um, what I do with a mod on my PC is my business and my business alone. (re)publishing, now that is a different kettle of fish.

I only say that because i have been chewed out by a person for it.... :(

I did check on the unplayable thing for you...if they are in the leveled lists the NPC's will still wear them if they have it in their inventory but you just won't be able to loot it...so disregard

Good Luck!

Well what you do to a mod on your computer for personal uses is your business. Trying to get help from a mod author when you've tampered with the mod is a different story. They can't help you because they don't know what changes you made. That's why I mentioned on my post earlier that doing anything I stated would negate support from the original mod author.

To that mod author, i was giving kudos for a follower mod and while saying that s/he had an awesome mod i mentioned that i changed the hair color to suit my preference. The author flipped out at me saying that i disrespected him/her, etc etc. The author did have posted on their mod that it was not to be modified without consent.

I have been still tearing apart mods and modding them to my liking, i just dont tell them about it :D But i figure id still pass on the info about mod modification.

I guess just to save drama i'll just not say anything from now on...

Cheers!