How Does the Game Engine Handle Scrapping?

jayrichardm

I've ran the game with around seven-hundred (700) mods (about 239 esp and ESM plugs; the rest esp mods converted to esl and pure texture mods) with only the occasional CTD. Which is to be expected, of course.

Thanks for confirming that I was right.

The Mod Author for the MCM said there is a problem with the meshes and textures for Fallout 4 that are produced by the Creation Kit. He recommends that you run Elric, a Bethesda tool, that is supposed to optimize the meshes and textures for Fallout 4. I did that quite a while ago and it seemed to make a difference. However I've added many new mods since then.

Do you know of any problem with the meshes and textures in F4 that are produced by the Creation Kit?

The Creation Kit does not produce meshes or textures!

Then where do the Meshes and textures added my mods come from?

They come from many different sources. But definitely not from the Creation Kit.

The Creation Kit does not produce meshes or textures!

Then where do the Meshes and textures added my mods come from?

They come from many different sources. But definitely not from the Creation Kit.

If they come from a lot of places that increases the likelihood that there is a lot of nonstandard stuff that could be causing the game problems.

The CK is just a utility that lets you see all the assets that are in the game. It doesn't add or ignore anything and certainly doesn't let you see things that aren't in the game. It's just a tool that allows you to alter stuff or even add things but it doesn't do anything all on its own. Saying that the Creation Kit adds stuff to the game is like saying a media player adds scenes to a movie. Impossible. Unless you edit the movie and add or change things yourself.

For the rest, I'll leave things to people who actually used the CK for mods, as I've never ever made a mod in my short existence under the sun. I'm lazy like that, what can I say.