Recent site updates and NMM 0.44.3 released

Dark0ne

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed in the next release, the user can just disable the setting in the meantime (settings menu, gears icon -> Don't Extract ReadMe files)

Wow, responses from the developer. What an improvement. Thanks. :smile:

So I try to take advantage immediately: how about enabeling the fomm interface to start another program/process? Like the FNIS Generator.

A request for the Advanced Search found on the <GamesNameHere> Nexus sites. Could we have a field to search for the mod by mod name. Often mods do not use their name in the mod description, making it difficult to use search to bring up the mod's page when you know the mod's name.

Here's a classic example (but their are many others). On Oblivion Nexus Advanced Search put Oblivion Mod Manager in the Description Contains field. You will get 90 pages of hits. If you sort by Name, Ascending order Oblivion Mod Manager should appear on page 60, right above Oblivion Mod Manager Extended but it's not on the search results list at all.

Now if you put Oblivion Mod Manager in the File Name Contains field it does come up on the single page of hits. While that alternative search method works for Oblivion Mod Manager I have found mods where this doesn't work (usually mods with a file name like 'Main File' etc.).

Every mod needs to have a name entered when uploaded. Not all mods conform to a system that ties that mod name to description or file name fields. Searching using an Advanced Search field for Mod Name would find all mods that you know by name.

Edited by Striker879

Yeah I gothe update too, I think it took everyone by surpise. SKSE was ready for the beta not the patch. I was in the middle of the game went out and now can't go back in (with mods activated). Oh well...

It's 1.9.32.0.8 by the way, if anyone cares :)

Edited by zorebird

In response to post #7619470. #7619578 is also a reply to the same post.

You won't be able to if you need skse, unless you turn all mods off that need it. I did and it worked, I just don't want to play it like that 'till I get the mods back. I'm not sure it's another beta? I thought it was a patch. If your save game was with the beta I doubt it would load if you removed the beta?

I'm sure someone more informed than I will key in on this eventually... Until then don't do anything you'll regret. Patience is always a virtue.