Louisiana Trip

Adras

Since this is the user news area, I wanted to let you all know that I'm going down to Louisiana the week after next (possibly then) and I wont be on the board very often. I know you all probably dont know me (I know a few do) but I pop up here and there. Anyways, I'll be taking the AmTrack down and probably back up too, but I'm going to go down with my Grandma (she lives there, but shes visiting up here right now) and shes coming back up later in August. This IS the user news area so I figured I could put this here, but if not, put it where it ought to be please... ANyways the worse part of the trip is that my dad wont let me take my computer so I'll be without Morrowind, which is torture, but Morrowind Source will keep me sane =o)

Hope you have fun. And hey, I went to ther keys recently and spent a week without morrowind and look at me! I'm still sane....yes....sane....saney saney saney!....how did i do it??!?! i dont know!....really cold in here....Freezing even!... need heat...need...soothing morrowind music....*crawls into dark hole and leaves morrowind on start menu so the music can be heard*

I can bring back some gater sasuage, Jambalaya and some Gumbo =o) And the train ride is 24 hours, with a 10 hour layover in Chicago. Never been there, so I'll have fun. Infact a week from tomorrow, is when Im going down state (I lives in Michigan) to Grand Rapids to stay with my aunt for a few days then we are taking the AmTrack from there to Cicago then down to New Orleans I think. I'll try to get on every night to keep yall updated on how its going... UNFORTUNATLY... I cant bring my computer, so no Morrowind. But I've got the Morrowind soundtrack burned on no less then 3 CD/MP3's, so that and the Players guide will keep me content =o)

Scrimpies? Gater Sausage? Jambalaya? Gumbo?

I've heard the name of the last two before but I still have no idea what they are. :P

Jambalaya is a spicy rice with some sort of sasuage in it. Usually gater sasuage, but there are box mixes for it in stores. Its made by Zataran's, but the best is the homemade stuff that you can get in Louisiana.

Gumbo is some sort of soup. Not sure whats in it, but its good.

Gator sasuage is Alligator meat. Its very tasty and a bit spicy...

Archived