Problem with downloading one of my mods

Dimitrisgb

One of the users of Oblivion Mod Nexus tries to download my mod called Ghost Town, but he can't. He says that the "file is broken" and something else. Says it's only happening with this mod.

I don't have any problem with downloading the files. I even tried to upload them again, but the result is the same.

Hmmm.. . You have 4 files and manual and Mod Manager Download and you should had provided a link in your post.

I DL:ed the top file for manual installation whithout any issues. I installed it with Wrye Bash.

I do like to keep my modlist minimal, so you should try to make one single esp instead of pointing to another or having 2... But thats me. The top file requires Ghost Town.esp but that one wasn't any problem to DL and install either, so... The problem is om his side and over 30 players have downloaded your files without issues what I can see.

I made a comment at your project site

Edited by Pellape

Hmmm.. . You have 4 files and manual and Mod Manager Download and you should had provided a link in your post.

I DL:ed the top file for manual installation whithout any issues. I installed it with Wrye Bash.

I do like to keep my modlist minimal, so you should try to make one single esp instead of pointing to another or having 2... But thats me. The top file requires Ghost Town.esp but that one wasn't any problem to DL and install either, so... The problem is om his side and over 30 players have downloaded your files without issues what I can see.

I made a comment at your project site

The second file was created to fix some problems. My computer is weak, so I can't combine/merge the two files yet.

The third and fourth files were created to fix the problem of the download.

Which browser gives an error message about an unknown archive format? This error can only come from an app trying to open/extract it.

Possible reasons for such error are:

a) The default unpacking app on the user's OS doesn't know the archive format or it is of too new a version for it to cope with.

b) The file was somehow corrupted during download, which sometimes happens with unstable connections, routing issues or similar.

c) The least likely: The file was already corrupt before upload or got corrupted during upload. But then the Preview on site wouldn't work either, and it does.

But I just tried it myself and my Unarchiver in MacOS cannot extract it either. Now, let's see why or if another extractor instead can.

Okay, I can now attest it is not corrupt. It can be opened/extracted without issue with the latest version of WinRAR.

It can "not" be opened with any other extraction app I could find, and I can't tell if any earlier version than the current latest of WinRAR can open it either.

I suggest using a different packaging app/tool for future releases, as it will vastly increase the number of users able to open/extract it after download.