SkyRE conflicting with Deadly Dragons?

MrDeftino

Without trauling through pages and pages of the comments on the SkyRE and Deadly Dragons pages there isn't much info on this topic.

I've recently installed Deadly Dragons and I have since noticed the combat in the game has gotten a lot easier (after about 2 hours play post installing DD). SkyRE combat was quite a challenge from what I remember but since installing this mod the combat seems to have really gotten easier.

I'm yet to fight a dragon with this mod installed so I can't say whether the dragon battles have gotten harder or not. Previously DD was loaded AFTER SkyRE in the load order, I thought this may have been the issue so I loaded BOSS and it moved it to quite a way BEFORE SkyRE. I went back in game and the combat was the same.

I'm level 15 (on Adept) and I've already been able to defeat Giants. Should that be possible with SkyRE installed? Are these mods conflicting or is it just that the game has gotten easier because of my level?

Cheers guys.

Edited by Mr Deftino

The mods are MOT conflicting. I'm not sure why it seems so much easier for you, but I can safely say(because I've spoken to the mod authors( that these mods actually doen't even touch similar parts of the game. skyRE doesn't touch dragons at all, and DD ONLY touches dragons, so there should be no reason at all these mods would conflict.

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon fights seems easier because Skyre increases weapon damage and armor rating. You should configure Deadly Dragons to be a bit harder, suiting your tastes :wink:

Since posting this I have been absolutely destroyed in 3 dragon battles haha. As I'm only level 16 I usually find myself running for my life or finding cover and taking them down with the crossbow.

I think that sometimes mods don't load properly on certain times I load the game up. I've used boss and some manual configuration to sort out my load order and it works fine. But every so often a mod like Pure Waters will work in Whiterun but I'll move out to The Rift or wherever and be stuck with vanilla waters again. Sometimes the SkyRE combat system seems to load whenever it feels like it, along with Realistic Lighting - sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't.

Maybe that's just my computer though, after all I'm running it on a BOOTCAMPed MacBook Pro Late 2011.

Thanks for the help though guys :)

I've had dragon mods not effect the very first dragon you fight before, I usually end up killing him with a few arrows, even at lower levels! Random spawned dragons however, are much, much scarier!

Having used SkyRe for quite a while now (three separate level 45+ characters), I can tell you that after a while the combat tweaks it makes are not enough to make the game "hard" per se once you reach around about level 35. I play on Master difficulty; this difficulty point may be reached at lower levels with lower difficulties, I don't know. I'd say your noticing of it after installing Deadly Dragons is entirely coincidence - I use both (along with the Dragon Combat Overhaul), and find dragon battles absolutely terrifying, just as they should be.

Maybe try bumping up the difficulty level a stage?

• 4 years later...