⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

What Books/Movies/Games are Fallout-ish? (Post Apocalyptic Related)

Skree000

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Canticle For Liebowitz is a really good post apocalyptic sci-fi book. It's about a catholic monk hiding technology after much of it is destroyed by mobs angry at technology for WW3's heavy destruction. I think the whole idea of The Brotherhood of Steel is kind of an homage to the book of sorts.

Akira is post-apocalyptic.

Not the movie, really (Although it does takeplace 30 years after World War III), but the manga very much is. The Manga is 6 volumes, at roughly 300-400 pages each.

*SPOILERS*At the end of the third volume, Akira awakens and destroys the city, and the remaining three volumes take place in a super-city wasteland.

If you are interested, of course buy it. But if you are interested for free, grab a torrent with the CBR files in it. Note: Comic Book Reader wasn't really designed for such large volumes (The average full american comic book is under 200 pages with all issues of a particular arc combined). All that means is that the pages start to "stick" about half-way through each volume.

The OVA suck! :wallbash:

Eh. I had to try and stay awake through it.

Jonas was alright, but I didn't really care about Roland's past and his old g/f.

The first book was the best, imo.

Also, you can pretty much skip book 2 since book one and book three pretty much cover every single thing in book two.

I read 3 first, then 1, then 2 (a friend let me borrow 3...) and the majority of 2 was covered in 1 and 3... Not that it wasn't a good book. It is just a redundant book.

Funny enough I checked my books in my house, Yes, i actually own one or two...

and came across Canticle for Leibowitz!

Was just starting to read it, although the wording is a bit cryptic, im sure ill become accustomed to it soon... its been a while since i Read a book hehe

The word 'iota' appears about 21 times on the first page alone, they really seem to enjoy that one, almost seems to be a blanket term they use to describe a 'thing' or noun heh.

Archived