What Books/Movies/Games are Fallout-ish? (Post Apocalyptic Related)

Skree000

all i got to say for those of you who watched i am legend you got a shitty make from the book the book is about 40 years old (i think cant remember) and is amazing compared to the movie it is really different way better then the movie stuff i read the book then watched the movie and i was pissed at the movie the book also explains why he its called i am legend it is a must read

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Futurama kind of fits the bill, even though it's not specifically a post-apocalyptic world. Sure, there's been like 6 or 7 apocalypses - but they didn't really seem to matter all that much. But it's a world where things don't work by science, but by... SCIENCE! The giant mutant ants, glowing zombies, ray guns, nuclear soda, and clanking power armor could have come straight out of any episode.

Now someone just needs to mod in a Bender companion, add some affectionate Amazons ruled by a lonely femputer, and turn those preservation booths into suicide booths.

Futurama kind of fits the bill, even though it's not specifically a post-apocalyptic world. Sure, there's been like 6 or 7 apocalypses - but they didn't really seem to matter all that much. But it's a world where things don't work by science, but by... SCIENCE! The giant mutant ants, glowing zombies, ray guns, nuclear soda, and clanking power armor could have come straight out of any episode.

Now someone just needs to mod in a Bender companion, add some affectionate Amazons ruled by a lonely femputer, and turn those preservation booths into suicide booths.

there is an episode where fry and his girl frend from the 20th centery go into a freeze tube and when they wake up they find that there in a deselet hellhole

it's realy just L.A.

:P

I don't know if this has been mentioned but a TV show called Jericho is about a town in the aftermath of a nuclear fallout (multiple nuclear strikes in the US). It was a VERY good series and is available to watch every episode on the link I provided.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

LHammonds

I don't know if this has been mentioned but a TV show called Jericho is about a town in the aftermath of a nuclear fallout (multiple nuclear strikes in the US). It was a VERY good series and is available to watch every episode on the link I provided.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

LHammonds

It's a very good show, but the first season is slow (probably about 1/3 of it could be edited out without losing anything). The second season is almost too action packed - but I would lurv to play a game set in a hypothetical third season.

It's a very good show, but the first season is slow (probably about 1/3 of it could be edited out without losing anything). The second season is almost too action packed - but I would lurv to play a game set in a hypothetical third season.
All this talk I hear about states seceding if any Federal entity decides to nullify the Constitution (such as ignoring the 2nd amendment) makes me think we could actually pick up where the last season left off but in real life. [/scary thought]

LHammonds

In the books department, there is one, which stands out from the crowd (if you ask me), "Kadavermarch", I don't know if it's available in any other language, but Danish; but it is basically a Zombie book, but very post-apok.

Then there is "The Omega Man"; movie, old classic.

Regarding games, there is;

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl + Clear Sky

Wastelands (the predecessor of the Fallout series)

The Fall - Last Days of Gaia (only available in German, but there is a fan-made translation, floating around the web)

Then of course the "Living Dead" movie-series; George A. Romero's zombie-cavalcade, gory and very post-apok. Well worth your time.

My absolute favorite book in this realm is "A Canticle for Leibowitz" by American author Walter Miller. If you are reading this and haven't read "Canticle", you're already a fan and don't even know it.

Here's a Wiki on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Canticle_for_Leibowitz

Kudos to those who listed the movie "Six String Samurai"! My favorite line from the movie: "Only one man could kill this many Russians."

peas.

Archived