Legendary skills? What's the point?

deadlyillness

Well I noticed an annoying bug that you were unable to finish any of the ritual spell quests if you reset your level to 15. I had 95 in Alteration when I visited Tolfdir who sent me after the dagger. It didn't take long for me to reach level 100 but when I reset it, and had used the dagger to gather some heartscales, I wasn't able to return the scales to Tolfdir. I also found that the skill leveled faster than it had the first time because I had a huga mana pool and had already purchased an ebonyflesh spell before I had reset the skill. By now I've reached level 50 in alteration within a relatively short time by using an expert level spell at a much lower level in that respective skill.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, I've got a problem regarding the usage of Elys' "Uncapper" mod along with the legendary skills. I hadn't updated to v1.9 at first because I was using some mods that weren't compatible with it. I was also using Uncapper for a short time and managed to level my smithing to 104. After learning about the legendary skills, I uninstalled Uncapper and installed the update. My problem is that now my smithing is stuck at 104 and it won't let me make it legendary. The others work fine, it just seems to not like the fact that it's already over 100. Is there any way to modify the skill level by using the console or something? Any insight on this would be immensely helpful. Thanks in advance

It means Silda is going to get a lot less gold training people in Pickpocket just to unlock more perk points. (And your mage will spend a lot less time waving around a giant hammer, your thief less time in heavy armor standing in front of an angry mammoth, etc.)

You can farm perk points using your main skills instead of playing unnaturally (or using a "Dragon Souls to Perks" mod/cheat).