Deleting Comments from your Mod Page....

skymarin

as a modder, i tend to get nagitive comments like, "useless", "omg not another cheat/god item", "This is not balanced at all. And you could at least make custom textures for the armor if you're not going to make meshes"....

i hate "useless" comments that fill up my mod pages, and im sure everyone agrees with me when i say, please let us delete and or hide nagitive comments, please?

people can still look at the comment if they unhide it, but it would not show once the page is reloaded, kind of thing, or if you let us delete the comment it would not show up at all, im hoping that we can just delete the comments, plus that way people can make room for important comments like questions and issues with the mod, all that.

You already can.

Click the "Hide this comment and request moderation" and the comment is temporarily hidden instantly. Then we check it, and in 99.9% of the cases, we permanently delete the comment.

Admin and staff will see something different, of course, but yes, you should see the hiding options on comments left in your own file threads (not other people's file threads). If you don't I'd really appreciate it if you could send me your password so I can login and see it the same way you see it (feel free to change your password, then share it with me, then change it back once I'm finished if you're not comfortable giving me a regularly used password).

just 2 question before i send you a message wiht info in it

1: would it be my browser if its on my end, i use firefox

2: i always thought that staff never asked for account information, knowing that they could get it them selfs anyway.

No, we definitely can't get it ourselves. All our passwords are encrypted for security reasons. Which means that even with access to the database tables themselves you still can't find out people's passwords.

The links show for me in Fire Fox, so it's not that.

What? I'll just ignore that as you're not making any sense.

Anyway, I logged in and quickly worked out the problem. The options to hide/delete comments are only open to recognised mod authors. To become a recognised mod author you need 1,000 unique downloads across all your files on a single Nexus site (so 1,000+ on Skyrim Nexus). You're pretty close, so once you hit the total the options should become available when the script runs to move you in to the mod author group. It'll also open up the private mod author forums.