Petition to restitute the Mod "Cabbage in A Pot" on the Nexus

FutureVisions

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you see that? I've looked through the entire thing and have no such post - plus, I'd know if I removed the file.

I don't have a screencap but it was there and was replied too at least once just before the file was taken down.

There was speculation thay it was an automated tekedown due to complaints but I find it unlikely moderators would take a file down due to reports alone.

Edited by ZombieWombles

Where did you see that? I've looked through the entire thing and have no such post - plus, I'd know if I removed the file.

I, too, saw that post. That post was up for about an hour after the mod was deleted. I had a tab open of the mod's page from a time before its deletion, and in the post section it stated something along the lines that you had deleted the mod. That post had actually received quite a few replies, and eventually all of those posts disappeared. It could be as LotteryDiscountz says, though, that there could have been some form of collision that caused that.

I don't know what users see during a comment removal (from your end) as all I have a "wait" style icon floating over the post during the process, then it the post is gone when the page auto-refreshes from the action.

I removed one comment myself (as I stated before) but after that action I moved on to other things (was actually off site for a while after that, personal business).

Still, as I said - the author can re-upload if it if they so chooses. If not, then that's their decision - "petitioning" for it doesn't really help, as despite showing an obvious interest in the file - it also shows a kind of pressure on the author to replace it (which they might not want to do.

EDIT: Was looking at a file from a report just now - the same comments thread showing in two places. Possibly some overlap happening in the comments system?

See:

Check the comments:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33719

Same here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/221446/

I don't know what users see during a comment removal (from your end) as all I have a "wait" style icon floating over the post during the process, then it the post is gone when the page auto-refreshes from the action.

I removed one comment myself (as I stated before) but after that action I moved on to other things (was actually off site for a while after that, personal business).

Still, as I said - the author can re-upload if it if they so chooses. If not, then that's their decision - "petitioning" for it doesn't really help, as despite showing an obvious interest in the file - it also shows a kind of pressure on the author to replace it (which they might not want to do.

If it was the author's decision to remove the file there's no need for a petition. I made this post on an assumption that was wrong and that, personally, I found has been justified by the response you gave me earlier.

The author has all the right to remove his/her files if he/she wishes to do so and this "petition" was not intended to put any pressure on the author to bring the file back if that is against his wish.

Knowing that he can reupload it if he wants is enough for me in answering to the main reason why I wrote this post.

Edited by FutureVisions

"...it also shows a kind of pressure on the author to replace it (which they might not want to do."

You should be considering more the pressure from mod makers who felt unappreciated and took their frustration out on the author of this mod.

PS I accept the error in the database and think I understand more what collision means,.

Edited by ZombieWombles

You should be considering more the pressure from mod makers who felt unappreciated and took their frustration out on the author of this mod.

I do.

To be honest if someone was feeling so "put out" by this apparently small and comical mod taking some of their limelight away from them - well, they have bigger issues.

Modding isn't a competition, and anyone that sees it that way is modding for all the wrong reasons. That's my opinion on that one, nothing more.

I agree and most people thought the butt hurt replies were the funniest of all the comments for that reason.<br />

I always endorse mods I use, like or consider really well made and think others will appreciate even if I choose not to use them for very long. but nobody should have any expectations. Popularity is as much a factor as brilliance and I hope there's room for both on here.

Edited by ZombieWombles