Action Role-Playing Games (Singleplayer)

billyro

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those other games were already mentioned btw, except Sacred 1/2.

Actually i mentioned Sacred 2 :thumbsup:

Opps sorry hoof! I missed that I guess. :blush: ;D

Edited by lonewolf_kai

• 1 month later...

Mount and Blade: Warband, its multiplayer is what makes it shine but it does have a very fun singleplayer. Also a tone of mods for it, I can safely say it's the only game I've consistantly played for 6 or 7 years.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, It's amazing.

There's Arx Fatalis. It has some bugs on Windows 7, but nothing terrible if you get the last patch. And it's quite an interesting game with a number of features that were ahead of its time.

Perhaps Zeno Clash, though it's mostly about fighting. Zeno Clash 2 is releasing soon as well.

Then there's The Void. It's one of the strangest games you've never heard of... And it's also mysteriously appealing.

I've never played Pathologic, but it's a cult hit. The graphics are dated though.

Finally, there's Miasmata on Steam. It's unnerving, open world, and altogether impressively unique. You need a pretty strong rig to make it look good though, since it's not very well optimized.

Someone else mentioned Borderlands. It's endless fun if you play with friends online, and it's one of the best multiplayer open-world games ever. In single player, or even with random people online, it gets old eventually unless you really like collecting loot. The whole game is just designed around having a friend or two with complementary tactics and loot-driven teamwork. The penalty for dying is even way less severe if you play with a friend.

Dark Messiah sounds like it has lore... It really doesn't. It has the Might and Magic lore behind it, but the game is really a simple story. You fight evil necromancers and eventually uncover a creepy secret. While this is going on, two women (one of them is a demon) are competing for your attention. In game it's really not as hard to grasp as it might seem from looking at the whole backplot of the Might and Magic franchise.

Edited by Rennn

Borderlands GOTY (All DLC) is $30. i do see it on sale for 75% quite often though when they do their big sales.

and what are you questioning youll like? have you looked at reviews or gameplay trailers?