Extending off Basic Needs Mod, Poopoo!

ElvenHeroine

I just thought out this. You now have a mod requiring you to eat and drink. Where is the need to poop and pee? I know a lot of you are asking, WTF? Well it is a mature rated game, so lets not go into that. The point of the matter is that the attraction to Skyrim rests in the immersion and although Total Realism - Basic Needs delivers this, it doesn't do so completely. For a complete immersion into a game that requires eating and drinking, there also needs to be a "need" to poop and pee, which comes natural from eating and drinking.

Such an idea can grant new installments on how you do your business as well as for a game of fun doing your business where it is the least pleasant (on other people). You can even use it as an ingrediant in your alchemy for contaminating others with diseases.

We can also create poop and pee for animals, which can assist in the ability to hunt like real hunters do.

So there is stuff you can build off this idea as well.

While we are at it, we can include other ideas as well derived from "The Sims," the only one that comes to mind would be Hygiene. If you don't care of yourself or jump into the river and swim around for a bit, you can much more easierly catch diseases as time progresses. Also good hygiene makes you somewhat resistant to diseases found in the game. Bad hygiene makes it easier to catch a disease.

So that is really two new ideas to include to a real total immersion mod. The need to get rid of waste and the need to get clean.

Considering the coverage of peoples' other "needs" in the modding community, I am wholeheartedly surprised that no one's covered this particular divvy of life yet. I wouldn't download an individual mod dedicated to defecating, but if it were added to the Realistic Needs and Diseases mod, I wouldn't mind it.

I'm kinda concerned that people feel the need for that level of immersion. I like the eating and drinking for the immersion too, but mainly for the survival aspect (the problem right now is food is too easy to find and steal). The wilds should be a place to prepare for, and add a sense of authenticity to running out into the open. While were adding useless things for realism, why not make gong pits for s*** and have NPCs do it too, with actual 24 hour days. I assume that given how time passes in Skyrim, there is time for your character to excrete his/her waste and move on without interrupting. For stupid fun, I could understand someone wanting an idle or something to allow pissing or crapping, but it's not necessary for immersion and it adds almost nothing to gameplay.

I'm kinda concerned that people feel the need for that level of immersion. I like the eating and drinking for the immersion too, but mainly for the survival aspect (the problem right now is food is too easy to find and steal). The wilds should be a place to prepare for, and add a sense of authenticity to running out into the open. While were adding useless things for realism, why not make gong pits for s*** and have NPCs do it too, with actual 24 hour days. I assume that given how time passes in Skyrim, there is time for your character to excrete his/her waste and move on without interrupting. For stupid fun, I could understand someone wanting an idle or something to allow pissing or crapping, but it's not necessary for immersion and it adds almost nothing to gameplay.

It could add to the gameplay, its just a question of how it is added to the game. For instance, if you don't go in time, you'd soil yourself, reducing your speechcraft, since you stink and people will not barter then. You'd also, as stated before, have a greater chance to contract deseases. The only way to get rid of the soiled-debuff, is to clean yourself in lakes, or rivers ( maybe have to take armor of?).

• 4 weeks later...

With a mod like this, I'd be finally able to leave a ''present'' for Balgruf on his throne. I bet he would love it. lol

I hate that guy.

Why leave a present. You could possible modify a mod of a mod that you could take a crap right in Balgruf's lap.

I agree to disagree. There is a great deal of gameplay it offers to the player. For instance, it allows you to track animals in advance, so it can be seen as a necessity for total immersion. It can also allow new affects in gameplay and it offers an increase in difficulty in trying to survive, since you have to do your business and it gives ample reason for hunger and dehydration in the game.

• 4 months later...

Just saw this post, it's a pretty funny idea, but yeah, I always wondered about there being no toilet pits in Skyrim, I guess people just use a bucket, there's plenty of those. It could be an add on to to the realistic needs mod that could be enabled/disabled.

If you got caught taking a crap in public people could run screaming and the guards arrest you. If you cast a fear spell successfully then people crap themselves before running away. You could crap on your crops to make them grow faster! You could crap in people's cooking pot to make them sick. You could take a crap and then use transmute to turn it into gold. You could throw your crap at people (works the same as the fury spell).

It could be used as a shout, where you shout out of your ass and blow people away (although I think that one has been done)

I think a perfect name for this mod or add on would be "Turdas"

:laugh:

• 1 year later...
there is a mod that enables peeing called "alive peeing" that obviously alowes peeing but the UI is kinda stupid where you have to press p or something to check your bladder, however it does have a good animation ,not to sound weird or anything, but I haven't used it in like 9 months so they might have but I haven't found a dedication mod yet 😦. link to alive peeing:http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60475/?

there is a mod that enables peeing called "alive peeing" that obviously alowes peeing but the UI is kinda stupid where you have to press p or something to check your bladder, however it does have a good animation ,not to sound weird or anything, but I haven't used it in like 9 months so they might have fixed it and I haven't found a defication mod yet 😦. link to alive peeing:http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/60475/?