Show off your desktop

Werne

Border around the Windows logo? Yeah, that annoyed me once you pointed it out.

Thank you for pointing it out, now it annoys me too. :dry:

And following the recent update of my OS, here is the new desktop:

Screenshot%2520from%25202013-05-06%25202

Pretty minimalistic compared to the old one, I ain't going for anything fancy this time. And I have to say I like the new update, Multiarch support is a brilliant addition, not much of a fan of GNOME Shell though. :biggrin:

Also, because the kernel was updated from 2.6 to 3.2, I was now able to install ATI Catalyst 13.1 legacy drivers and raise my clocks higher (715,545). So, here is the new result of Unigine Valley benchmark:

Screenshot%2520from%25202013-05-06%25201

8.6 FPS compared to 7.1 I had before, It's good to see I'm making progress. It ain't much but it's still progress. :happy:

Edited by Werne

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I keep getting "error: This upload failed" when trying to upload a screenshot of my unigine valley benchmark...

Anyway, here's what the results are. (I think it's pretty good for an Alienware Laptop... though I'm planning on getting a new computer.)

FPS: 12.4

Score: 520

Min FPS: 5.4

Max FPS: 23.7

System:

Platform: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit

CPU Model: Intel® Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (2394MHz) x4

GPU Model: Intel® HD Graphics 4000 9.17.10.2867/NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 9.18.13.1422 (2112MB) x 1

Settings:

Render: Direct3D9

Mode: 1280x720 windowed

Preset: Custom

Quality: Medium

• 1 month later...

Here's a screenshot of my latest OS, I'm testing it to see what changes have been made since the OS I use came out:

Screenshot%2520from%25202013-06-15%25202

Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" development branch, it's a cutting edge Linux distribution that's quite a few steps forward from the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS I use (Linux 3.9 compared to 3.2 I use, among other things).

The wallpaper is my own creation, had to try out the new GIMP and I like it. :biggrin:

On the upside, it's much faster and more responsive, it has greater support for wireless chips and the Unity interface seems a lot more polished and easier to use, in a way it's a nice upgrade.

On the downside, it's utterly unstable (it's not even alpha yet which explains it's instability) and I don't like some changes that have been made (like the web integration in dash which slows down the system, etc.), I hope things will change in a better direction by the time a new 14.04 LTS release comes out.

Knowing Cannonical, it could go either way, for better or worse. I gotta say, I'm not sure I like that. :confused: