How to Create a potion of cure paralysis or resist paralysis.

marduk10000

I thought of making a mod by which spiders bite gets you paralyzed, which i was able to easily do. But in order to make a potion of cure paralysis there were no options in the creation kit. the alch ingredient paralysis is available but there is no effect of cure or resist paralysis. Is there a way to make cure paralysis potion. maybe somehow add the stat. i know for a fact that in oblivion you had resist and cure paralysis potions.

cure paralysis was poor wording , how about a resist paralysis effect. i give spiders the ability to paralyse you, and in order to resist this , you take a potion before facing spiders.

The paralyze is a unstoppable temporary effect ... which is as it should be. In this case going with the game works out well your "fix" would be to not paralyzed the player for very long. Just like the games defaults.

but the thing is i wanna make paralysis a more deadly effect by changing to longer durations. so that u need a potion to survive these encounters.

• 1 year later...

I can help you.

For the sake of simplicity in explaining, we are going to just copy exisiting effects.

Open the CK and find "Magic Effects" in the Object Window.

type in "Cure Poison" in your search window there.

Duplicate "Cure Poison" magic effect and rename your copy.

Open your new copy and you will see "ID" "Name" and "Archetype Effect". Simply change "Cure poison" to "Cure paralysis". All you have to do is mouse scroll up one, it's right there.

Go to "Potions" and search for a potion with a bottle type that you like and duplicate it. I'm just using the "Cure Potion" potion, because it's easy. Rename your copied potion and open it. Change the effects in the left hand window there from "Cure poison" (etc.) to YOUR cure paralysis effects.

If you want to change the price of your potion, do so in this file.

Put a couple of your potions in the game somewhere so you can test them. I just did it and it worked excellent. Boss put a paralysis spell on me so I drank a potion, stood up and kicked his...

Now, some might ask how I could drink that when I was paralyzed. But then how is it that I can stop mid-battle, drink a dozen potions, change my weapon, poison it, read a couple spell books, level-up, pick some new perks, and change my clothes before returning to the fight? Because this is Skyrim. Screw reality.

People who don't have the answers always have to chime in anyway.

Edited by Ahondara

• 1 year later...

I can help you.

For the sake of simplicity in explaining, we are going to just copy exisiting effects.

Open the CK and find "Magic Effects" in the Object Window.

type in "Cure Poison" in your search window there.

Duplicate "Cure Poison" magic effect and rename your copy.

Open your new copy and you will see "ID" "Name" and "Archetype Effect". Simply change "Cure poison" to "Cure paralysis". All you have to do is mouse scroll up one, it's right there.

Go to "Potions" and search for a potion with a bottle type that you like and duplicate it. I'm just using the "Cure Potion" potion, because it's easy. Rename your copied potion and open it. Change the effects in the left hand window there from "Cure poison" (etc.) to YOUR cure paralysis effects.

If you want to change the price of your potion, do so in this file.

Put a couple of your potions in the game somewhere so you can test them. I just did it and it worked excellent. Boss put a paralysis spell on me so I drank a potion, stood up and kicked his...

Now, some might ask how I could drink that when I was paralyzed. But then how is it that I can stop mid-battle, drink a dozen potions, change my weapon, poison it, read a couple spell books, level-up, pick some new perks, and change my clothes before returning to the fight? Because this is Skyrim. Screw reality.

People who don't have the answers always have to chime in anyway.

Sorry to reply to this old post, but perhaps you can help me, too?

The thing for me is that I have created poison effect that gets unleashed by arrows (via enchantments, explosions, etc) and it cannot get cured. How do I make sure I can cure it? Via formlist? Keyword? How?

Don't know if I can link to another thread, but I just started this one about this: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4957855-how-to-cure-custom-poison-effects/