Blank/flat texture issue that isn't due to missing textures?

SuzanoSho

Need help discovering what on Earth might be causing THIS:

https://imgur.com/a/URNurrq

The textures and models show up just fine in Nifskope, checking the RefIDs in xEdit with all mods loaded didn't reveal anything about the models that stood out to me in particular. Thought it might be a Better Dynamic Snow issue, but disabling that mod didn't seem to change anything.

Additionally, on the rock/cliff portion above the entrance to a mine, I'm seeing the same issue. I recall seeing this issue before in one of the mine/cave entrances in Beyond Skyrim Bruma a long time ago...

I can't seem to find any information on this problem that actually helps, although I've seen other threads asking for help with it. Any ideas what it might be?...

Those are missing textures I believe. This is usually caused by running out of vram, altho I have never seen it in SSE which handles ram much better than Legendary in which this is a fairly common problem. And, yes I do believe those are missing textures and if that is caused by insufficient vram I do not think that would show up in your tests.

I would check the texture mods you have installed and your system specs and see if you may be stretching the limit on the memory needed to run those mods.

Other than that I got nothing, sorry.

Those are missing textures I believe. This is usually caused by running out of vram, altho I have never seen it in SSE which handles ram much better than Legendary in which this is a fairly common problem. And, yes I do believe those are missing textures and if that is caused by insufficient vram I do not think that would show up in your tests.

I would check the texture mods you have installed and your system specs and see if you may be stretching the limit on the memory needed to run those mods.

Other than that I got nothing, sorry.

I don't think it is. I'm using a 2080, have 8gb of VRAM, and 16gb of shared memory, with 32gb of RAM...

Every time I start the game, it is the exact same models displaying this problem. Additionally, the mesh is showing up as flat; a problem as simple as missing textures would still show a 3d mesh (a purple one, mind you). The "running out of VRAM" issue produces the same purple, textureless 3D meshes, except on different meshes and randomly, as far as I know, rather than on the exact same, small number of objects and literally nothing else, ever.

What's more is that the color seems to range from gray to blue to purple, as if it's reacting to whatever weather is currently loaded.

Looking through xEdit, the only thing they seem to have in common is the application of a DNAM record with SnowMaterialObjectLight1P as the material...

You are right that running out of vram causes missing textures on different objects and randomly. I certainly may be wrong on the vram issue.

Unfortunately other than that I do not have a clue, all I can do is wish you well in your attempts to find a solution.

Good luck.