Any mods to make the character reload automatically?

hucker75

The number of times I've tried to shoot then found he's taking a few seconds to reload. That should have been done when the last bullet was used! Is there a mod to make it do this itself?

Even if the gun takes 10 bullets and you've used 9, it's obviously sensible to put another 9 in inbetween shooting sessions, so when the next bad guy appears you can kill them.

You should automatically reload when your mag is empty. If there is only one left, you have to do it manually. Trying to write a script to automate reloading with anything other than an empty mag would be problematic.

Sometimes it automatically reloads, sometimes it doesn't, I can't figure out a pattern to when it will or won't do it.

I often go to shoot someone, maybe 10 seconds after the last one, and have nothing in the gun. Pressing fire causes a reload, then I get killed.

I have no idea how to write mods or scripts, I'm not a programmer.

Why would it be problematic to write a script that reloads when not empty? You just need to make it do the reload action (as though you pressed R) if the number of bullets is low and you aren't currently firing - otherwise it might reload after every individual shot and slow you right down. Say.... reload if clip is under 50% full and player hasn't pressed fire in 2 seconds.

Hhhmmm.... The only time my weapon doesn't reload after firing the last shot, is if I am out of ammo for that weapon.... Otherwise, it works as intended.

I am paranoid in any event, (and have military training) so, I pay attention to how much ammo is in my mag.

Hhhmmm.... The only time my weapon doesn't reload after firing the last shot, is if I am out of ammo for that weapon.... Otherwise, it works as intended.

I am paranoid in any event, (and have military training) so, I pay attention to how much ammo is in my mag.

Then my game is working differently to yours. I can have a gun with loads of spare ammo, and if I fire the very last bullet and don't press the fire key again, it remains empty. Then 10 seconds later I try to shoot another enemy and I have to wait for a reload. Yet the next time I do exactly the same with the same weapon, he reloads as soon as the last bullet is fired. Must be a bug to behave randomly like that.

When there's 10 enemies attacking me, I don't have time to check how much is in it!

P.S., you've made 9987 posts, bloody hell....

Edited by hucker75

I've been here for a while. :D

Are you running any mods that affect reloading? Do you get the same behavior from every weapon? Or just one or two?

I run Pack Attack, NPC edition in my game, so, I ALWAYS get more enemies than vanilla. (sometimes, a LOT more....) And they are smarter too..... To offset that, I try and use weapons that have a pretty significant magazine capacity. (Mods) I think my personal favorite is the FAMAS Faelin with it's 100 round drum magazine. :D I seldom need to reload mid-combat... and if I do need to, I know I am in deep dark doo-doo. :D

I've been here for a while. :D

Are you running any mods that affect reloading? Do you get the same behavior from every weapon? Or just one or two?

I run Pack Attack, NPC edition in my game, so, I ALWAYS get more enemies than vanilla. (sometimes, a LOT more....) And they are smarter too..... To offset that, I try and use weapons that have a pretty significant magazine capacity. (Mods) I think my personal favorite is the FAMAS Faelin with it's 100 round drum magazine. :D I seldom need to reload mid-combat... and if I do need to, I know I am in deep dark doo-doo. :D

I have many mods, but nothing to do with guns. All weapons do it, and randomly, about 50% of the time. What's supposed to happen if you shoot your single last bullet in the gun, only pressing the fire key once? Should it fire, or fire and reload? I know it reloads if you press fire when it's already empty, but is it meant to reload if it becomes empty on the last shot?

I only add certain mods, I don't like to cheat too much. Well, maybe sometimes. I've got infinite carry weight, but that's just to save the tedium of travelling back and forth to store it somewhere.

Edited by hucker75

I do believe you should reload any weapon after you fire the last shot, provided you have more ammo for said weapon. At least, that's the way it has always worked for me. (imagine my surprise when mid-combat, I discover that I am out of ammo for my battle rifle, and all I have left is a 10mm pistol..... with a half-dozen folks still shooting at me.....) Might be interesting to do some experimentation with that..... see if you can find any commonalities when it DOESN'T reload.

Hucker, you have a mod problem that adding another mod on top of - you don't know what it's going to do. You have to identify what combination of mods is causing what your are seeing - and either fix it or remove an offending mod(s).

I can tell you this. In a good mod setup there is a mod that does what you seek - albeit unintentionally.

Weapon Firing Mode Framework.

Due to the engine limitations, when you switch firing modes with this mod (i.e. from Semi to Burst to Full Auto) the mag reloads (without the reload sequence). To get a very good immersive experience (i.e. changing firing modes with a thumb switch) - you have to experience an anti-immersive experience (full reload - whether it's called for or not).

For me, I can live with that trade-off, because it allows me to use 1 weapon in multiple modes - as it was designed to be used - with just a flip of a switch.

Hucker, you have a mod problem that adding another mod on top of - you don't know what it's going to do. You have to identify what combination of mods is causing what your are seeing - and either fix it or remove an offending mod(s).

I can tell you this. In a good mod setup there is a mod that does what you seek - albeit unintentionally.

Weapon Firing Mode Framework.

Due to the engine limitations, when you switch firing modes with this mod (i.e. from Semi to Burst to Full Auto) the mag reloads (without the reload sequence). To get a very good immersive experience (i.e. changing firing modes with a thumb switch) - you have to experience an anti-immersive experience (full reload - whether it's called for or not).

For me, I can live with that trade-off, because it allows me to use 1 weapon in multiple modes - as it was designed to be used - with just a flip of a switch.

I have no mods that do anything to guns.

Not sure what you mean about switching modes - some guns don't do auto, the ones I've put an upgrade on in the workbench are always auto, or you just fire once. I don't see a need for a "switch".