Need your opinion guys

Jellona

Heya!

I reinstalled my PC last week (got some hardware updates) and decided to completely get rid off my mod folder (needed cleaning up) and now I have been downloading the essential mods/mods that I really liked. But now I am in a tight spot so to speak: I have run few ENB setups with my older hardware where I had to keep in mind that performance might become an issue. I don't think that I need to take that account this time (at least not so much). This instant I can think of few ENB setups that I ran before more than just few moments/days are Sharpshooter's ENB, Project ENB and Project Matso ENB.

The thing is I have not a single clue which I should use really and I don't really want to go and check each and every one of them out especially as I would probably need to test them personally to see what they look like. As there are 378 files that has ENB in it's name it would be painful to do it with each of them.

So the task is that you tell me what ENB you are using and why (some little details and why it seems better to you than ENB X)

This way I think I will get some feedback on those ENB setups (there are so much of them and preview pics really show that they all look great).

Thanks for your help!

P.S. My computer specs as of now are:

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3,40 GHz

GPU: XFX Radeon 7970 Black Edition

RAM: 16 GB DDR3

And the rest of them probably don't matter much on visual side :D

I've used quite a few ENBs over the past year. I was using Zoners High Performance ENB 2_0 for quite a while, I liked the colors that it gave. However, my current favorite is Wintertide - Fantasy ENB. The lighting works really well for how I like the game to look, especially indoors. I also like the color it gives, good saturation without going too far. All around, I guess I'd just have to say that I like the way it looks, though I am lacking the eloquence to describe further the reasons why. It also has almost no impact on my framerate. I'd highly recommend looking through the screenshots on its download page, and if you want more examples, many of my recent screenshots on my Nexus profile were done using that ENB, with only a couple of tweaks (nothing really noticeable if you don't know specifically what to look for).

Many people have had great success with K ENB, though I had some issues with the adaptation being too extreme. Judging by how much people like it, and the screenshots they are able to produce, I'm guessing that it was simply conflicting with some mod that I installed, but I couldn't figure out which one. Definitely worth a look.

You may also want to go look through the Skyrim Images and see what looks good to you there, and find out which ENB the uploader uses.

Thanks insanityman!

K ENB is definetly one that I might try, but as for now its quite hectic at work and such so I can't really enjoy playing skyrim (takes a while to install/sort all those mods I downloaded) so I'll wait for a bit and search myself too for the ENB of my preference.

As for that Wintertide: looks damn good to me and I would have probably missed that If I'd done the searching the old-fashioned way (look for the most downloads/endorsement files). These kinds of jewels I am looking for.

And no need for any kind of long speeches or something to describe why you like those ENB's. In fact I chose that Project Matso ENB while back cause of the colors really nice and it didn't have much impact on performance. One thing I noticed when I switched from Sharpshooter's (which is quite outdated) to Project Matso was that I was able to see Supreme and Volumetric Fog which didn't appear at all with sharpshooter's. Other thing was the minor thing that enabled me to use Brehanin's Better Vampire's vampiric night eye which didn't work with sharpshooters. To me little details matter as much as the big picture. Feel free to describe your ENB pick with any words you might find appropriate.

My choice has always been Project ENB, Realistic CoT version with SSAO. Beautiful colours, nights aren't stupidly dark, and it has various presets (Realistic, Cinematic, and Fantasy) for different tastes. Performance-wise, I get a loss of about 10 FPS, but I am running many retexture mods on Ultra with my little GTX 550 Ti, so for better systems, there shouldn't be much of a loss.

so far i'm running,

Project Enb 1.7 Cinematic + sweetFx for Cot on my ranger,

Project Matso + Cot by Kyo [ K Enb author] for my mage and it's really like a K ENB light,

last is Seasons of Skyrim for my Warrior.

Enb 0.155 is to heavy for my rig, that's why i change from K ENB to Season of Skyrim.

if it can help a bit

@@

I like RealVision ENB with Climates of Tamriel. I made a few tweaks to nights though. True Vision ENB without CoT was also good. Project ENB is okay except the sunlight is a little too pink and characters look flat. Edited by myztikrice

Project ENB is okay except the sunlight is a little too pink and characters look flat.

it's more sharp and vibrant, for the sun, intensity and color can be tweaked more, i've a screen shot with Matso where it's the same as Project, it's probably more CoT than the ENB

@@

Project ENB is okay except the sunlight is a little too pink and characters look flat.

it's more sharp and vibrant, for the sun, intensity and color can be tweaked more, i've a screen shot with Matso where it's the same as Project, it's probably more CoT than the ENB

@@

No it's definitely the ENB. Project uses an effects file simliar to MATSO's so they both have a pink tint to light. RealVision uses an effects file similar to Sharpshooters which has a more normal contrasted light.