Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel Gone from the Nexus?

phoenixdownn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its there, it appears the author has hidden it from view pending an upcoming new release/update.

From his facebook page

RELEASE UPDATE: Just thought I'd give you guys a quick update. Everything has gone as planned and on-track for a release at 5pm UK time on the 30th. I've spent the past few days doing stuff for the mod page as well as documentation for the mod. I'm genuinely starting to feel a tinge of excitement myself here because I can start my first PC play-through. YAY! I will be taking the mod page offline on Friday so I can update it just so nobody thinks the mod has gone!!! Again, thank you to everyone who has contributed with their fantastic support and messages these past weeks.

Thanks for your reply. I was going crazy trying to search Google for info on where this mod went to.

Its there, it appears the author has hidden it from view pending an upcoming new release/update.

From his facebook page

RELEASE UPDATE: Just thought I'd give you guys a quick update. Everything has gone as planned and on-track for a release at 5pm UK time on the 30th. I've spent the past few days doing stuff for the mod page as well as documentation for the mod. I'm genuinely starting to feel a tinge of excitement myself here because I can start my first PC play-through. YAY! I will be taking the mod page offline on Friday so I can update it just so nobody thinks the mod has gone!!! Again, thank you to everyone who has contributed with their fantastic support and messages these past weeks.

Well that's good to know then, I was trying to search around to see if the author would be soon supporting Dragonborn but noticed the file was hidden from view. Started to wonder if maybe it was suddenly abandoned and if I should uninstall and look for a different weather mod. Glad I did a forum search before I did anything.

It's a common procedure for some modders to hide their mod before major update releases. I don't blame you for worrying, but if this happens to another mod that you follow in the future, just remember that it's likely the modder hiding it to avoid the anticipatory "WHERE'S THE MOD UPDATE YOU PROMISED?!" posts.

It was brought to my attention that the files were loaded into older versions of TESVSnip. Probably 4.2 or 4.3.x. Notes were added to the BOSS list. I have loaded at least one file, and I am looking at others. I can confirm that the file I have looked at was saved with TESVSnip and therefore there is no way to know what kind of corruption has or has not occurred The author should not have used those versions of Snip with the files and I support the BOSS warnings.

The file version is 0.85 which is an old TESVSnip bug. This means the files were not loaded into any version of the official CK from Bethesda, prior to being released to the public. The file version number is not simply a small over site it's an indication that the files was made with TESVSnip 4.2 or 4.3.x. Those versions do not use Zlib compression which is what the community believes Skyrim uses. TES5Edit used Zlib as well as the dev version of TESVSnip.

I was going to provide the author with fixed files but the file has been hidden and he no longer accepts PMs. If someone knows the Author please have him PM me I would appreciate it. It will probably only take me a few short hours to look at all the files and have updated versions ready to be used.

Edited by Sharlikran

If someone knows the Author please have him PM me I would appreciate it. It will probably only take me a few short hours to look at all the files and have updated versions ready to be used.

I dearly hope someone does. This is not the way for CoT to end.

CoT needed to be updated though, lately even the most up to date version has been very glitchy for me =[

I'm excited for the update, and hope it works with the existing frostfall patch!