Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel Gone from the Nexus?

phoenixdownn

It was brought to my attention that the files were loaded into older versions of TESVSnip. Probably 4.2 or 4.3.x. Notes were added to the BOSS list. I have loaded at least one file, and I am looking at others. I can confirm that the file I have looked at was saved with TESVSnip and therefore there is no way to know what kind of corruption has or has not occurred The author should not have used those versions of Snip with the files and I support the BOSS warnings.

The file version is 0.85 which is an old TESVSnip bug. This means the files were not loaded into any version of the official CK from Bethesda, prior to being released to the public. The file version number is not simply a small over site it's an indication that the files was made with TESVSnip 4.2 or 4.3.x. Those versions do not use Zlib compression which is what the community believes Skyrim uses. TES5Edit used Zlib as well as the dev version of TESVSnip.

I was going to provide the author with fixed files but the file has been hidden and he no longer accepts PMs. If someone knows the Author please have him PM me I would appreciate it. It will probably only take me a few short hours to look at all the files and have updated versions ready to be used.

Hi Sharlikran

I've messaged you.

JJ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears some people interpreted "I'm retiring," as meaning, "I'm DONE! Yeah, I'm leaving NOW, so if there's any problems, they're not mine! HA-HA!"

In that case, I'll go redownload COT 2.1 and hold onto the other new files for later. Good tidings with your fix, JJ!

It appears some people interpreted "I'm retiring," as meaning, "I'm DONE! Yeah, I'm leaving NOW, so if there's any problems, they're not mine! HA-HA!"

In that case, I'll go redownload COT 2.1 and hold onto the other new files for later. Good tidings with your fix, JJ!

Very true, but that is human nature I suppose. I didn't spend 12 months of my life just to walk away when I was most needed. I'm sure there is a song lyric in there somewhere... :)

Well, it did kind of sound like that. :blush: (Either because it's happened to people before with other mod authors, or they would have taken that attitude themselves.)

Though, I'm thoroughly embarrassed by my own lack of rationality in my reaction, and I regret ever saying anything at all (which is why I eventually deleted my comment). I'm sure others do, too.

If anything, interpret it as people really, really liking the mod and taking JJC's decision to retire perhaps a little too seriously. Maybe in some back-handed manner, that denotes a level of respect. I dunno. The internet makes people reactionary and short-sighted for some reason. (Myself included.)

Well, it did kind of sound like that. :blush: (Either because it's happened to people before with other mod authors, or they would have taken that attitude themselves.)

Though, I'm thoroughly embarrassed by my own lack of rationality in my reaction, and I regret ever saying anything at all (which is why I eventually deleted my comment). I'm sure others do, too.

If anything, interpret it as people really, really liking the mod and taking JJC's decision to retire perhaps a little too seriously. Maybe in some back-handed manner, that denotes a level of respect. I dunno. The internet makes people reactionary and short-sighted for some reason. (Myself included.)

My strong hand phrasing in relation to my retiring was probably more for my benefit - just so I understood it loud and clear. :)

But in all seriousness, I can understand how people could become irrational if they think the rug is being pulled from under them. Sometimes, observing human behavior on here can be more interesting than the mods themselves. But, everything will be resolved. I shall retire in earnest once I know I'm leaving everything in working order.

I did send you a PM JJC, but I suspect it will be lost in a sea of others so I'll post it here:

First off, I want to make clear that I come with good intentions. I hope my informing the Nexus users of what the data was telling me has not put me into a bad light, it's just part of my role in the community.

As for the actual issue at hand (I'm sure you most likely know most of this): The version number v0.85 is not a Skyrim one, which is what indicates TESVSnip has been used. And Snip should not be used at this time or in the foreseeable future (even to simply set the esm flag, that is enough to corrupt the plugin and start causing issues).

Anyway, I'm sorry you've had to come back and deal with this. I was torn as to whether I should point the issue out or not, but I suppose it's better you finish off coming back to save the day rather than leave everyone helpless :smile: I appreciate your commitment to your work and want to say thanks for being a respectful member of the community and good luck with the future!

Seem you're handling things well, so good luck with all that. The community is a fickle beast :P

Any word yet on when this will be re-uploaded? I've always loved the CoT weathers and daytime lightings, but found the nights entirely too dark. I was looking forward to V3's new night levels, but it was gone again by the time I went to grab it.

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work JJC!

Unexpected things happen and I wish you the best while we wait for an update.

You've built an amazing mod and I'll be patient while I wait for the culmination of all your work ;)

Can't wait until the fixed version is up and ready to go. Looking forward to playing this on my free day tomorrow. (if the problems are resolved by then, of course)

Nice job getting this all in order jj and Sharlikran.

Edited by tgpomy

Easter weekend postponed me working on it some more. I have 5 kids. :biggrin: However, since Snip was use to make the files all the FromIDs were trashed. It took me longer than I thought it would. I think I have finished it but I have work tomorrow so I'll review it again and then let jjc71 know when I'm done. If I can get an e-mail from him I'll just send him the files. Sorry if it's not finished for your free day tgpomy. Also after they are done they will only be compatible with 1.8 or higher of Skyrim.