Would you be entertained watching someone RP their way through the gam

GunnarsGalor

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you watch someone RP their way through Skyrim in a hyper realistic fashion?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Yes, but... (reply as to what you would change/add/remove)
    • No, but... (reply as to what you would change/add/remove)

TITLE (since it was cut off): Would you be entertained by someone RPing their way through Skyrim in a hyper realistic fashion?

I've recently started up Skyrim again and am slowly getting my game modded and configured to how I used to play. Though this time I want to try something a bit more different and challenging. I want to play the game from start to finish in a hyper realistic fashion. This means eating, drinking, sleeping in a natural way and also having a realistic inventory where I'm not carrying 2 sets of armor and 10 weapons plus 30 different herbs and 50 iron ingots. I have intentions of using mods to to help me keep it as real as possible and have set outside challenges for myself (like the inventory bit). I plan on playing using the hardest difficultly as this will force me to play using strategy, utilizing potions, scrolls, and spells sparingly and effectively making them essential in some fights.

As mentioned I would make it my best effort to role play my character. This means walking in towns and villages as to not draw attention to myself, actually sit and eat (faster than real time), wear proper clothing in proper areas, and the part I'm most excited about is voicing out my dialogue choices as if I'm actually engaged in conversation with the NPCs.

The stream would be at least 720p if not 1080. The game will look absolutely beautiful and feel very immersive for those watching. I've also installed mods to increase the quality and realism of sounds to create a very life like atmosphere in the game. The steam would be east coast based and be regularly in the evenings from around 7-11 or so M-F with a short food break and somewhat sporadic on weekends if at all. I plan on doing the main quest but I don't plan on rushing through it, I would take my time with it and do a portion about every week or so. The character is going to be stealth focused as it's simply my preferred role in any game where this is a choice.

I am open to any feedback good or bad and open to suggestions of what it is I could do to further improve the viewers experience and promise to make it my best effort to ensure you that your time watching is valued and appreciated. With this being said, my top priority is being as professional as I can with my streaming and generate entertaining content for you the viewer.

I've already started working on the visual assets for my channel if you'd like to take a look. Head on over to Twitch.TV/DGVictus and let me know what you all think. Please keep in mind Twitch is in the middle of a beta change/update to a new channel page format and I will be updating what I can when I can when proper tools for designing become available.

What my game looks like: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/223941

And the detail has been increased even further as I'm testing .ini config settings to see how detailed I can make my game. Currently the shadows are all set to 8192 resolution providing very crisp and detailed shadows. I have AA and AF maxed and even further refined through my ENB. I will report back with a demo of what the video steam quality will look like towards the end of today.

TL;DR - I want to create a unique and meaningful experience for my viewers as I venture forth into the world of Tamriel and bring them an theatrical like performance as I do so.

Edited by GunnarsGalor

I wouldn't be able to watch this live, as I like to pause/skip/rewind everything. Focussing on realism seems like a good idea, as there's already enough regular and goofy footage out there. You say you're most excited about voicing the dialogue (so by all means do exactly that!), but I generally find amateur voicing cringe-worthy.

I voted no for the simple fact that I already watch enough LP's as it is. Everything from commentators on BF and CoD games, to those playing Skyrim (Gopher only, in fact). I like to keep to one LP-er for games like Skyrim because the videos are so damn long and it get's tedious watching video after video. Just my honest opinion, really.

Hmm, I'm already playing at (what I'm considering) full RP.

I use the "eat, drink, sleep" mod and others.

I don't wear full armor in inns, I run around the corner and hide and change my clothes.

I don't want anyone to see me naked while I change so I make sure I'm properly hidden before I change.

And I don't have 5 sets of armor and 20 weapons in my inventory.

I actually have a very light inventory around 180.

Three daggers(two for fighting and one with soul trap), one bow and a set of light armor (using the vanilla fur armor and dawnguard light boots) and some clothing (vampire robes). a few health potions, some poisons, some black soul gems, jewelry and food.

So to answer your question: No. I don't have time or interest in watching someone else play. :happy: