Servers Super Slow To Respond

UlithiumDragon

Ok, I'm curious if anyone else is having the same issues, but http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/ has been as slow as a three-toed sloth trashed on Aerosol cans trying to tight rope walk across a ravine over the past few weeks. It's sluggishly slow to respond when loading webpages, and I often get errors such as "this mod doesn't exist" (which is eventually resolved by refreshing over and over again), "loading content" (which loops indefinitely), and the general "waiting for skyrim.nexusmods.com" that never ends.

All other websites are working for me at my usual internet speeds, and I don't have anything specifically blocking the nexus's site. I tried adding it to exceptions for Microsoft Security Essentials, using another browser (I use Chrome), trying it on my laptop, ect.

I am not a premium user, so was there an update that vastly favors premium users for browsing the website and not just for download threading...?

I don't think it's just the nexus I have problems on a few other sites, but a few days ago my whole connection including phone line disappeared in the early morning hours for about 20 mins. I later found out that that this was a widespread incident that was to with a broken cable or something like that. Ever since things have been slower but not unbearable.

I too have had problems with this site and only this site... I know a lot of people say that, but I really only have trouble with Nexus taking forever or giving me xml data instead of download pages, or just plain of 502 errors. I think Skyrim Nexus should change its name to 502 Bad Gateway. :P

Yes it's getting near unusable this now, might have something to do with one of the servers are accepting uploading from the future...look at the first file upload date.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6935/96237853.jpg

<p>Very slow again today.  It's 9:48am EDT on a Monday.  You'd think it would be fast right now.  Can take 30-60 seconds to just pull up a small text description.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Sounds like a database bottleneck.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Last night when downloading through NMM, it kept timing out.  I gave up and downloaded the mod manually.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Edit - forums are fast, though.</p>

Edited by Balasarius