Question to users of Oblivion Reloaded / OBGE - Liquid Water

JustChill

I recently beat the drum about this old issue,

as I actually was about to never encounter it anyways because of thinking that a static lava texture for Oblivion was normal even in the base game. XD

Long story short: Oblivion Reloaded and also an old part of OBGE which that got merged into OR (OBGE - Liquid Water), seems to have an issue with using the lava shader properly.

While the base game (vanilla Oblivion) has a nice lava shader, Oblivion Reloaded and also OBGE - Liquid Water both seem to just use the regular water shader for lava.

Here a quick test:

I am wondering about, as I only found another reference about this issue from about 3 years ago on LoversLab.

Does nobody else really notice that issue, or did we all just got used to having a static lava texture when using Oblivion Reloaded? XD

I mean seriously, I started to play Oblivion very late (2013 I guess) and immediately started it with OBGE and OBGE - Liquid Water (Oblivion Reloaded or OBGE v4 wasn't a thing back then) and I never bothered about having a static lava texture as I thought it was perfectly normal.

Now I see that vanilla lava looks far better than its appearance with OR and it bugs me somehow. :sad:

PS: I know OR is basically OBGE V4, but it uses a different name and includes most of the OBGE V3 functions (including the additional Liquid Water mod).

I still like to state it differently as... well it's named Oblivion Reloaded officially. ;)

Wow, that White Text with the Cyan around it, and the Fuzzy White Halo around the text makes it extremely hard to read in the video

I stopped using Oblivion Reloaded, it changed far too many things, and set some really questionable things as DEFAULT, so you can't just install it and play.
Instead you install OR, then you go around trying to find all the settings that need to be turned OFF in order to use it.

Black text would even harder to be read on black background.

I am not always looking INTO the lava there and at the very end you see a pretty dark "water shader" for lava, so that's that.

You are obviously not a fan of J. J. Abrams. :tongue:

Still thansk for the critique, I might use simply a dark black shadow next time, instead of a cyan one. ^^

ANYWAYS, stick to the topic please! Which is lava rendering with OR or OBGE - Liquid Water. :wink:

I stopped using Oblivion Reloaded, it changed far too many things, and set some really questionable things as DEFAULT, so you can't just install it and play.
Instead you install OR, then you go around trying to find all the settings that need to be turned OFF in order to use it.

Which is a reason why I also upload the INI with my recommended settings if I use a mod that requires OR.

Are you using OBGE v3 instead?

OBGE is aged and furthermore has the very same issue. As OBGE - Liquid Water introduced it, which is baked into OR.

I recently reached out to the developer of Oblivion Reloaded Lite.

He may look into it, so if this gets fixed OR will be definitely superior to OBGE at least when it comes to Liquid Water.

I really hope this can get fixed as all I am currently thinking about is that plain lava texture hovering through the screen. XDDD